FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any opinions on Cutco knives?  (Read 2410 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Any opinions on Cutco knives?
« on: Mar 17, 2004, 12:17 PM »
What is your opinion concerning Cutco (sp) knives???  I have heard from numerous folks that it's hard to beat the quality and warranty of their products.  I fillet approx. 250 salmon and big boned saltwater fish per year, (help friends and elderly folk with their catch etc...)   I have never seen or used a Cutco knife, but would be interested in your thoughts before making an order to a sales rep.!  Product #'s, sizes, etc.... would be benificial.   Thanks in advance! -Barleydog

Polar

Re: Any opinions on Cutco knives?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2004, 01:42 PM »
I have a few Cutco knives. Excellent knife. The ones I have are the fixed blade ones.They have a plastic handled adjustable fillet knife which I know nothing about.

nuke1neil

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2004, 05:59 PM »
I've owned the adjustable filet knife for probably ten years.Have no complaints.I got it "free" when I got a kitchen set.I don't know that I would have paid full price for it if it did'nt come with the package.I think they have a lifetime gaurantee.The steel is good and holds an edge.And being adjustable you can set the length for different size fish(which I use a lot.)Also if you're lousy at sharpening knives you can send them back and they sharpen them for a small price.Overall it is a well made and designed knife that I don't think you'd be sorry if you bought it.N1N

feasanthunter

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2004, 08:30 PM »
I have a Cutco fixed blade hunting knife that I am very happy with.I "ve only used it on small game because I have a Browning FTD for deer. I would consider the Cutco fillet knife next time I need to buy one.
I CAN,I WILL, I DID

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2004, 02:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  It sounds like the fillet knife is pretty decent...  I was concerned with "ease of sharpening" and the products ability to hold an edge. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.