FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kaydeross Creek  (Read 7005 times)

Hookset

Kaydeross Creek
« on: May 08, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Well, I headed out with a friend this past Sunday to wet the lines in the Kaydeross.  We went up near Rock City and jumped around for a few hours.  Well, the stockies were out in full force and we whacked them.  Most were the standard 8-10 inchers, but then I hooked up with a little surprise at about 4 PM.  I was bottom bouncing (Yikes, I know, not the PURIST method, but I didn't bring my fly rod with me), and had a nice fish flash at the bait and miss it.  Another cast, another flash, but this time she got the bait.  Re-bait, another cast, stripped me again.  Re-bait, another cast, another flash and FISH ON!  Finally hooked her!  Using my UL with 4lb on there and a #12 hook, I didn't want to horse her, or snap her off.  So, she goes upstream, then downstream, then upstream, then tail dances, then downstream, so on and so forth.  A couple of minutes later, I finally drag her to shore with the tiny hook barely lodged in the corner of her mouth.  Honestly, can't believe she stayed hooked up.  Well, she measued at 15.75 inches of chunky brown trout.  She appeared to be a native!  No clipped fin.  Actually, the smaller browns we caught had no clipped fins.  The 2 brookies, however, did have clips. 

On a side note, when we cleaned the biggest brown, her stomach was totally empty except for the worms she snatched from me early on.

Tight lines, all!
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Bartman44

Re: Kaydeross Creek
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Hey Hookset,

Nice story. The K has some nice fish in it. How was the water level up there? I swung by Rock City Falls after my son's baseball game on Sunday and the water was ripping through there.

The kid and I have done nothing but fly fish for trout for the past month and we've hit some nice ones including a 22 incher yesterday.  I just got the boat out the other day.

Bart

mt2

• Saratoga
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 08:27 PM »
 Who needs the boat when your nailing 20 inch wild trout on flies?

HatchHunter

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Anybody know where that park is exactly off exit 12 I think on the Kay? Sorry for being so general, just dont know the area well. There si a ball park and as I remember there is a ballfield and substantial parking at the bottom of a hill.

HatchHunter

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:23 AM »
Well, cruised around the Rock City area on Sunday morning and hit a few holes for a couple hours. Worms and the ultralight. No fish to speak of, but as it warmed up I did see some BWO's that landed on me. First time out this year so it was just good to get out. 

JWHORF

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2024, 09:04 PM »
Recently moved to Wilton and looking to hit up the Kaydeross for some action (just looking to get out and explore).
I spoke with NYS Encon and believe I will trying the "Extended Stocking" section in and around Greenfield.

Any input / tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.