FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flyrods...What do you use?  (Read 19949 times)

tommyboy

Re: Flyrods...What do you use?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2004, 10:48 AM »
I have a 4 wt Browning rod with a Loop Evotech reel, and an Orvis 6 wt with an orvis reel.  Also, I'm currently saving up for a new Redington NTQ 10 wt for salmon and pike.  I use the 4 wt most of the time, and the Orvis is the first and last rod I will ever buy from them.  Both of my rods have Cortland 555 line on them, because no other line company makes anything even remotely comperable.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

dogfish

« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:57 PM »
8 1/2 ft 5wt Sage
7 1/2 ft 4 wt StCroix

Flyfisher

« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2004, 10:42 PM »
9Ft 6Wt Orvis w/ wonderline

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2004, 10:45 AM »
9 1/2 ft  7 wt for steelhead,Browns, Bass ect..
9 1/2 ft 5 wt for  tossing around small dry flies

both custom made ....
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:11 PM »
Well i had a Abu Garcia 7 wt , 7' 6"..I left it behind in a River one day...By the time i remembered it was a few days late..Needless to say it was someone else's score..Now i bought last year was a Berkly Enforcer 7-8 wt 8',6" With a Plufluger Medilist Reel i bought off of EBay...(the reel off of ebay that is" I have read all these Custome Blanks...Any for sale? OR MAde to order?
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

Dark Cloud

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Ive got a two 9ft 5/6 wts that I built and 2 8wt 9 footers I built for salmon and steelies.
Any rod builders out there looking for a "high end" blank at basement prices should check out Cabelas IM7 blanks. They run 40 bucks and if you buy 3 or more they take 5 bucks off each blank. I have made rods with orvis, loomis, and may other blanks, these are as nice as any. Built three 9 ft 8 wts for my father, myself and a friend last year. We put em threough the rigors of many salmon at the Salmon River last fall with no problems or complaints. Im making a 6' 6" 3wt for a friend the blank should be here soon....
I cant bring myself to buy a 3-500 dollar reel just yet. I have a couple of Okumas that are great and last year I picked up a Pflueger Trion and it is awesome. Also have a medalist that is good also.
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Germ

« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:34 PM »
My Plfluger Medilist Reel Is about 10 years old or more I picked it up at Ebay for about 18 bucks American..Which worked out to like 5000,000 Canadian...LOL ANyhow i like the feel of it and the sound...SO you said you Make em do you sell them also?
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

Dark Cloud

« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:41 PM »
Germ - I make quite a few of em and have sold a few. Mostly make em for friends and relatives. I have three more rods to make this winter then im done till next winter. I own and run a resturant/bar on a golf course. That eats up most of my time spring thru fall. Id possible be talked into making one next winter for ya but thats a ways off. Sorry :)
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Germ

« Reply #23 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Germ - I make quite a few of em and have sold a few. Mostly make em for friends and relatives. I have three more rods to make this winter then im done till next winter. I own and run a resturant/bar on a golf course. That eats up most of my time spring thru fall. Id possible be talked into making one next winter for ya but thats a ways off. Sorry :)

Germ

« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:43 PM »
Well Ya um...Heheh well Hopefully I'll have a few by then..But if not then i'll deffinitly be bugging ya to keep me on the waiting list. Thanks anyways:>

Waterweasel

• I hunt so I can tie flies, and eat the rest
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2004, 07:49 AM »
I fish with a 3/4 quadrate split bamboo that was handmade by a buddy of mine,
specifically made to fish spring creek in Mumford, NY

also a 5 wt hex that he made.
I also use a G Loomis GL3 5wt for most of my trout needs.
The bamboo is pretty awesome......but compared to graphite, it is heavy.
You will never catch the hatch, if you are not there.

FLAG

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2004, 11:44 AM »
  8' 6" 5wt  LL Bean  ( Brookies)
  9'      6wt  Scott    ( Brand New)
  9'      7wt  Orvis   (Trolling)
  9'      8wt  LL Bean  (Stripers)

Fishingking

« Reply #27 on: Apr 04, 2004, 07:41 PM »
got a custon 5 wt from the orvis shop in NEw York mills NY it says JP rods and flies on the rod (i think) has my name and date made on it its a really nice rod
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #28 on: Apr 29, 2007, 05:41 PM »
HMMMMM!
I'm already looking for blanks. My birthday's coming up fast and My Wonderful bride is getting me that 3 wood I've been hesitating on....Happy Birthday To Me....Happy Birthday To  Me!!

I've even got a nice old Pfleuger Medalist to put on it.

What type of line do you use Doug? Level, Rocket, WF?

RG

RG .... did you ever build your 1 wt ?

Those who are brave are free ..       

WindKnots

• Tie 'em and fly 'em.
« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 2007, 05:47 PM »
I have several that I use.  I'm considering a spey one of these years.

7' 6" 2 wt. Winston
8' 4/5 wt. Powell
9' 5wt. Greywolf
10' 7 wt. Thomas & Thomas
9' 7/8 wt. St. Croix Legend
9' 10wt. T&T
Run it wide open or not at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.