FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flyrods...What do you use?  (Read 19950 times)

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
Re: Flyrods...What do you use?
« Reply #60 on: Jun 03, 2009, 05:00 PM »
JP ROSS

http://www.jprossflyrods.com/

This kid started out small, and has made a pretty good name for himself. I havent been fly fishing in a few years, but when I was, I would stop by his shop everyday for info and tips.

Best rod I've ever used ;D

I own a few of them, bought them back when Jordan ran it and it was an actual  fly shop and all I can say is that they are OK. There are much better rods in that price range.

It's the only fly rod I know of that you better make sure the tip section is on snug every so often in between casts, they do retreive easy though and I did have a fish chase one one time ;D

We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

coppersteve

« Reply #61 on: Jun 09, 2009, 12:09 PM »
I just started with an LL bean quest 6 weight 9 footer, I like it so far, but I need to get something smaller for the tight little brooks.

Edm87

« Reply #62 on: Mar 22, 2010, 02:29 PM »
I fish with a St. Croix 5wt rod thats 7'6'', nothing special but I love it.  Its their base model and will get another if I ever have to replace it.

mongosmash

« Reply #63 on: Mar 22, 2010, 02:49 PM »
I've got several, i have a 3 wt that i built. it's 5' long and for a little rod she's fast as hell. i use it for blue gill right up to trout. i love that rod, it's also the first one that i built.
i have a St.Croix which was my first 5wt that it bought, she's a medium speed rod and i use her for everything from blue gills right up to bass. that rod has landed some real nice fish.
i have an 8wt that i use for larger body's of water for trout and bass. it a nice slow rod easy to cast all day and real nice on the elbow. all the medium fish feel real big, it's great. i like that rod when I'm in a boat or my canoe.
i have a 9wt which is my stripper rod that i also take out on real windy days. this thing is so fast it's almost like using a broom handle. I've chased down large strippers and blues with it, all the way down to blue gills (i didn't know he was their till i brought it in and tired to cast it).
the last two are both cabela's rod the 9 wt is an ft and the 8 wt is a temple sl.
tight lines and wet flies

jona

« Reply #64 on: Mar 24, 2010, 11:23 AM »
My new favorite rod is the Orvis Helios 3 wt 7'.  Bought it for the small streams last year but realized it was a blast to use on the mid sized streams as well.  Plenty of power even casting big bushy flies. 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #65 on: Mar 24, 2010, 11:28 AM »
st  croix  and  sage  in  5 wt and  7 wt , also  several   bamboo i   enjoy restoring  them 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

seasnapper

« Reply #66 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:03 PM »
7 1/2'  3weight is my favorite small water and dryfly rod,    7'9" 5 weight all around trout rod,  8 1/2' 7 weight for bass, 9' 9weight for saltwater

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:46 PM »
This is my first spring using my new Scott 8 wt 11 foot switch rod.  Love the thing!!!!!  Completely different from casting a 1 handed fly rod as far as ease of cast and distance casting!!!  Also love the extra 1.5 feet over my sage 1 handed 8 wt!!!!!!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.