FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tube Flies  (Read 3303 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Tube Flies
« on: Oct 29, 2009, 08:57 AM »
The more I research these flies the more that I want to try them.  I'm going to order some fly tying materials and equipment so that I can begin my journey into another spending habit, tying tube flies for Great Lakes steelhead.  Also, I have the bounty of the Chesapeake in my back yard and lot's of smallies and largemouth in my neck of the woods.  I will begin by tying some patterns that I'm interested in that I found in my research, a few will be tried out on the water this fall hopefully, and I will report my results.  I'll report on the fishing of them, issues surrounding tying them, or anything else that I can think of.  Eventually, I'll post recipes in the appropriate section for the ones that I think are the most productive for me (and I'll state for which species) and any of my own creations that produce fish.

Now that I've started something with the intent to finish, anyone tie these types of flies or use them?  Please write about your experiences with them, good or bad.  I'll follow up with more info on these in the future as I find time to write about them.

fishermantim4

Re: Tube Flies
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2009, 12:42 PM »
ive used them their great for short biting fish when using big streamers
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Tube Flies
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2010, 03:33 AM »
Well Kevin??????

How did you make out?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.