FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: hello fellas  (Read 2102 times)

tallywackahME

hello fellas
« on: Feb 25, 2010, 03:13 PM »
when you guys are fishin streamers and nymphs do any of you use floating line. latley i have been using sinkin tip but its creating a lot of hang ups

mongosmash

Re: hello fellas
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2010, 02:51 PM »
    For me it depends on one thing are you in a small sallow river fishing for little fish or are you on a larger deeper river fishing for larger fish. if the river that I'm going to is sallower then 5' I'm going to throw my floating line, but if it's wider and deeper then that I'll change to a slow sinking line for better control in the moving water. It's the same for me fishing out of my boat, if i pull up to a shallow area that i see something i want to hook up with i throw my floating line. hope this helps.
     i have a friend of mine that only throws his sinking line, when he's in the shallows he changes up to a slow sink and in deeper water he moves to a fast sink. we trade off on a lot of fish but we do get it done. I'll say that i think he has landed more larger fish doing it that way but i also know that he has had days were he's fighting the bottom as well.
tight lines and wet flies

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I have used sink tips and I really don't care for them instead I prefer a small spit shot off a 3 way swivel, I think you can ride the seams better this way and get a better tumble when your swinging nymphs and buggers through the tail end of a run.

I have had sucess on a sink tip stripping streamers through slicks, but they do have a tendency to hang up if you let them free drift or you don't work your fly actively
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:08 PM »
99%  of  the  time  a sink  tip  cost  you more  fish then  catches!   shallow  water   run a  floating  line  if  you  need  to  go a  bit  deeper    make  a  longer  leader  and   add  a little  lead  if it's   deep  then  follow  what micky  says  if  you really  need  then go to a  sinking line then  do it ....  i havn't  needed  one  in years
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.