FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: beginning  (Read 2438 times)

Flyinfortrout

• fishin
beginning
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 10:34 PM »
I am a beginner fly tier and and wanted to know what flies are good to tie and are there any tips to give me. would really appreciate it thanks

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: beginning
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2011, 06:53 PM »
I know this has been around for a bit. Sorry I missed it.

Visit this site Fly Anglers Online for some great instruction and step by step from basic to advanced fly tying. If you have any other questions post them here or feel free to PM me.

Stop in to NY's thread ' Hey Fly Tiers What's In The Vise?" for some interesting stuff.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Flyinfortrout

• fishin
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2011, 11:08 PM »
i have certainly gotton bettter scince i posted that(not good but better) and that site helped me out. thankss :)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2011, 02:23 AM »
To test your skills and learn more basic fly patterns, work on your "Foundation Forty". The forty flies every tier and fisher should know.
The Fly Bench

The single biggest difficulty in fly tying is accumulating the "stuff" needed to tie flies. It's never ending.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Flyinfortrout

• fishin
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2011, 12:48 PM »
wow thanks for those patterns.ive had a look at some of them. i havent had a chance to tie them yet but i will. thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.