FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whats going on in Fair Haven?  (Read 8900 times)

bigdave1018

Re: Whats going on in Fair Haven?
« Reply #30 on: Apr 21, 2004, 02:43 PM »
tks mr zuke, i call smallies brown fish,goldies are golden shiners. tight lines big dave out

bigdave1018

« Reply #31 on: Apr 23, 2004, 05:21 AM »
4/22 report stix. crappies, heads, shiners and gills o my. even caught a real nice gator, 30 incher. it grabbed a shiner i was bringing in. my 4 # test held. i ended up with 20 gills and 4 nice green fish, i was more selective today lol. my buddy had 15 bullies when i left. i met another roomie today, real nice guy and an impressive fisher!!!!! tight lines big dave. im off today to try i new spot. its private but i have permission to fish there. out.

techyfisher

« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2004, 10:56 AM »
THanks for the reply, I actuall yknew that just forgot that handle. Off to the park pond tonight see if I can bucket some bullies.

bigdave1018

« Reply #33 on: Apr 23, 2004, 06:11 PM »
4/23 port bay report. fished 4 hrs ended up with 20 decent gills and equal number of perch. they ran between 7-10 inches. nothing extra but no fishing pressure like at the stix big dave out

bigdave1018

« Reply #34 on: Apr 24, 2004, 02:35 PM »
4/24 stix report,fished from bout daylight till 1030. 6 nice crappies , 1 huge mama bass, 1 npike[ both released], round 15 keeper gills and lottsa shiners. all in all another great day at the stix and nofishing pressure.sun came out and fishing just about quit

techyfisher

« Reply #35 on: Apr 25, 2004, 07:42 PM »
Hit the pond in the park at about dark. Lots of people there not a ton of fish. Stayed until 1 and left with 10 nice bullies. Just enough for dinner, yum, yum.

bigdave1018

« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2004, 03:57 AM »
4/25 stix report. fished from daylight till 10. caught 3 real nice callies,12 nice gills, lottsa small gills and shiners. talked to 2 guys in fair haven bait shop that have been slammin the gills and crappies at bayside marina. they said they enden up sat with 37 huge crappies and 2 limits of big gills. they tell it like it is no reason to doubt them 1 bit. 3 other boats in there were doing just as well. tight lines big dave out.

bigdave1018

« Reply #37 on: Apr 26, 2004, 04:01 AM »
my fishing partner had a newbie with him sat am. they fished with me for awhile then went into frost haven resorts pier. we both have permission to fish there. dennis and bill ended up with 80 keeper gills and released 70 more!!!!!! not a bad day of fishing. they bit on worm pieces and jig heads, bobbers were used.

ajwiez2

« Reply #38 on: Apr 26, 2004, 10:30 AM »
4/25 stix report. fished from daylight till 10. caught 3 real nice callies,12 nice gills, lottsa small gills and shiners. talked to 2 guys in fair haven bait shop that have been slammin the gills and crappies at bayside marina. they said they enden up sat with 37 huge crappies and 2 limits of big gills. they tell it like it is no reason to doubt them 1 bit. 3 other boats in there were doing just as well. tight lines big dave out.
Hey Dave  those guys that you talked to were they from Oswego ???  If so they were probabally were my buds,was at one of there houses last week and they had a full limit of gills ,perch and just shy of their limit of crapps. got to make time to go one day so I can get some crapps and gills. Maybe I'll see you on the water . aj

bluegillking

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2004, 07:39 AM »
what is going on in fair haven??? ;) bluegillking

bigdave1018

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2004, 01:49 PM »
little sodus bay on the frost haven end is going full blast for panfish. seen some nice trout caught out in the lake flatlining.i left wrights landing after no bites and went to frost haven. in around 3 hrs i caught a ton of gills and seeds releasing them all. used mostly spikes on anything, they were biting that good. big dave out

bigdave1018

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2004, 09:16 PM »
met up with pl and went into frost haven. we both met the new owner and got permanent permissoin to fish there. we started on the shore and did well then fished the docks. we both did great and only kept a few seeds and gills for joes family to enjoy. rockys are in now but in a couple of days should be biting like crazy. little sodus  bay is truly an awesome fishery year round.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.