FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabelas in Bas City?  (Read 4924 times)

livin4ice

Cabelas in Bas City?
« on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Anyone know any more on the rumor that Cabelas might be putting in a store in or near Gas City?  I heard it might be on 69 @ the Gas City exit.  Hopefully this is not a rumor. ;D

Powerworm

• There's One!
Re: Cabelas in Bas City?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:50 AM »
I haven't heard that until now, but that would be awesome.

jigginstick

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2004, 06:15 AM »
 I've the same rumor. but that was a couple of months ago nothing new.
Jig,Jig,Jig

Indy Pete

• Fish ON!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2004, 02:31 PM »
I've heard a rumor that they were going to build at the Factory Oulet Mall in Edinburg IN.   With Dicks Sporting Goods covering Indy now and Bass Pro Shops going up in New Ablany, and Gander Moutain in Fort Wanye the competition is getting very thick. I would love to see a Cabelas, but they  better get on the ball or there won't be anywhere left to build.

IP

livin4ice

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:25 PM »
I can't imagine them being concerned about Gander Mountain.  I live 45 min from Gander Mountain and would rather drive the 3 hours to Cabelas in Michigan.  Anyway, if there's a Cabelas dance or chant anyone knows let me know and I'll do it.

Hack58

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:48 AM »
livin4ice,

What problem do you have with Gander Mountain?  I've found them to be pretty good.......while they might not have the selection that Cabelas has, I've always found what I was looking for there.  I also have always thought that Cabelas was a little bit on the pricey side.......but I have to agree that the drive to Dundee is always a good one!

Another question.........we used to go to Lunkers in Edwardsburg MI.  I just moved back to this area after being gone for 9 1/2 years.....are they still in business?

Just wondering..........
Hack.

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Lunkers is still in business. They just had there "Extravaganza" this last weekend at Notre Dame.  But if cabelas is pricey than Lunkers is down right expensive.   

livin4ice

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2004, 08:01 PM »
It's not so much a "problem" and I in no way wanted it to sound like Gander Mountain is worthless.  I have purchased a lot of items from them.  It's just that I feel like I'm at one of the local sporting goods stores.  I know Gander has a lot of clothing but most of the tackle and definately the firearms are about the same as we have here.  Cabelas has sections for just about everything you would want.  And, to be perfectly honest, I think a big part of what I like about Cabelas is the experience (kinda like Disney World for Sportsmen).

Hack58

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Well to be honest, when you put it that way I'm forced to agree  ;D

Hack.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.