FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Prayed for Rutnut  (Read 34707 times)

KingPerch

Re: Prayed for Rutnut
« Reply #180 on: Sep 22, 2018, 08:31 PM »
You are the man Uncle Chez! 😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #181 on: Sep 23, 2018, 06:17 AM »
Your the man,Rut.....
God Blessed you r a reason.

TO GET DEER DOGS FOR CHEZ :D.
GOOD LUCK on the deer Rut.

Kp,and Freddy are Top of the line Guys.
Real family guys like us.
Nothing Fake about them either.
   End of STORY.

“To get deer dogs for Chez”. LMBO!!!!!! ;D

I made some venison bbq yesterday for lunch- l’ll have to bring some out on the ice this year- it was good!

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #182 on: Sep 23, 2018, 06:23 AM »
Good Luck Rutt! Wack a doe!

Thanks guys! I had a doe come in at 27y but it was heading right for one of my hunting partners so I let her go. Was glad he got a shot after my doe yesterday ran right over to him and fell 15y from his stand!  ;D

CowDawg

« Reply #183 on: Sep 23, 2018, 08:59 PM »
https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/making-venison-hotdogs.249637/ So, I texted a bud who knows the meat guy. He sent me a link that is very similar to how he makes them. This link will give you guys a start. I’ll give it a try once the construction silly season slows down. Good luck if any of you try it.😎

Good job on the find..KP...  I got this recipe saved.
I finally went through my Ted Nugent's recipe book but nada on the dogs...  I also have all the versions of Pa. Outdoor Life cookbooks I'll go through these too. 

This Thread was about the Snake Rutnut????   Sorry Snakebite but were hungry now!!!  :w00t:

CHEZ2

« Reply #184 on: Sep 24, 2018, 04:28 AM »
Lol....
We are allways hungry.

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #185 on: Sep 24, 2018, 07:54 AM »
Lol....
We are allways hungry.

Ain’t THAT the truth, Chez?!  ;)

My wife sometimes asks me if we are going fishing or EATING?! (Especially on the ice!  ;D)

KingPerch

« Reply #186 on: Sep 24, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Good job on the find..KP...  I got this recipe saved.
I finally went through my Ted Nugent's recipe book but nada on the dogs...  I also have all the versions of Pa. Outdoor Life cookbooks I'll go through these too. 

This Thread was about the Snake Rutnut????   Sorry Snakebite but were hungry now!!!  :w00t:
👍🏻

mr.clean

« Reply #187 on: Sep 24, 2018, 08:28 PM »
Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt) congratulations on the does, is this a special program where you are able to harvest additional deer to feed the needy. I'm not a hunter but know most places you are limited to one buck  and need an additional tag to harvest a doe.
Steve

chris458wm

« Reply #188 on: Sep 24, 2018, 09:21 PM »
Rutnut if you keep up all this talk about cooking I'm going to start calling you the Ice Chef.  Hey I have an idea, we'll call the food network and tell them we have a new show for them, The Chef on Ice with Rutnut. 

Spider1

« Reply #189 on: Sep 25, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt) congratulations on the does, is this a special program where you are able to harvest additional deer to feed the needy. I'm not a hunter but know most places you are limited to one buck  and need an additional tag to harvest a doe.
Steve

Mr.Clean, no and yes sort of. It's a special program where the licensed deer butchers can take donated deer and grind them for food banks that are associated with the Feed the Hungry program. In PA you can purchase extra doe tags and hunters use these tags to take does and donate them to the Feed the Hungry program when they can.

The hunt that Rutt was on was a special hunt for the United Bowhunters of PA that was started by a few individuals on the PA bowsite (Rut and myself included) to meet and hang out and it has grown over the years. The concept is for a committee to get written permission from farm and land owners for hunting rights and then provide that info to the members at the campout (although it is much more complicated than that). The goal is to take as many does from the farm areas to help the farmers and donate the meat to the Hunters sharing the harvest program.

CHEZ2

« Reply #190 on: Sep 25, 2018, 06:14 PM »
My buddy Spider knows his stuff.
He is a book of knowlege. 8)

mr.clean

« Reply #191 on: Sep 25, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Spider 1 thank you for the explanation, I have to assume the deer herd in Pa. is doing weel if hunters are being encouraged to purchased extra doe tags and then donate their deer to this program.
Steve

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #192 on: Sep 25, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Sorry Mr. Clean, just saw this. But Spider nailed it. A few of us decided to get together for an early season bowhunt down in what was then called the “Special Regulations” area around Philly and up towards the Lehigh Valley back in 2005. You can get as many tags as you want there until the quota is gone and the season opens 2 weeks before the regular statewide season opens. (There are liberal tags there due to the high deer numbers in this suburban part of the state.)

It started as a one day hunt the first year and then the second year we hunted 2 days and camped in one of the guy’s back yard. By the 4th year (I think) we didn’t have enough room for everybody to camp so we moved it to the local campground. Each year we talked to the local farmers and got more and more property to hunt. Now we have more properties than we can hunt with 50 guys.

We encourage everyone to donate their deer to HSH and now most do.
It’s a WIN/WIN for everybody.

Here are the original members of the UBP 5C Hunt:

CowDawg

« Reply #193 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Oh well , I checked all my Pa. outdoor life books for deer dogs recipes.. Nada...  not even Ted Nugents ! 

Will have to try KP's dog recipe one of these days...

KingPerch

« Reply #194 on: Sep 26, 2018, 05:21 AM »
I have 3 “ DEER DOGS” with horns visiting my yard most every night! Hopefully, one will be a good sport and come see what a meat grinder looks like! 😁 If not, looks like one of you guys will need to let me try your recipe!👍🏻

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.