MFF US Northeast > Ohio

walleye run 2017

(1/3) > >>

crappieslayer38:
Looking at the temps for the next 10 days I'm thinking the walleye are going to start making their way up river sometime this weekend, if not early to mid week I expect to hear of the first one caught. I'm thinking of giving it a try on Sunday actually. Well tight lines a nd safe outings for all this spring on the river and good luck!!!! 8) :o ::) ;D

taxid:

--- Quote from: crappieslayer38 on Feb 14, 2017, 05:09 PM ---Looking at the temps for the next 10 days I'm thinking the walleye are going to start making their way up river sometime this weekend, if not early to mid week I expect to hear of the first one caught. I'm thinking of giving it a try on Sunday actually. Well tight lines a nd safe outings for all this spring on the river and good luck!!!! 8) :o ::) ;D

--- End quote ---

Will they run early even if the photoperiod isn't right?

Mac Attack:
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=14563.new#new

crappieslayer38:
They will presumably begin their run. I'm sure to complete the spawn the daylight hours have to be right, but the temps should get them moving into the river anytime now IMO. Photo period has more to do with egg fertilization than the initial push up river.

taxid:

--- Quote from: crappieslayer38 on Feb 17, 2017, 07:50 PM ---They will presumably begin their run. I'm sure to complete the spawn the daylight hours have to be right, but the temps should get them moving into the river anytime now IMO. Photo period has more to do with egg fertilization than the initial push up river.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version