FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you could fish with anyone who would it be ?  (Read 15789 times)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: If you could fish with anyone who would it be ?
« Reply #60 on: Sep 21, 2006, 04:15 PM »
I would have to say my choice would be "FRIENDS"!

I have made many a good friend on these websites and to be able to enjoy the company, knowledge of others, good laughs and good times is what its all about! Good times man, good times!  ;D

I would start a list, but there are many of you that I have enjoyed meeting and fishing with over the years... and not only that, but just being a website friend to talk to as well!
All good people fro sure!
So I say "Thumbs up to fishing with friends"!  :thumbup_smilie:

hookemandcookem

« Reply #61 on: Sep 21, 2006, 04:34 PM »
I f I had the chance to fish with anyone it would be my late father in law !  :angel: Just one more time !
He taught me " EVERYTHING " I know about fishing and then some .
Unfortunately he was taken from us way too early by the man upstairs !

Im with my father here on this one. But I do know that every single time that I go out he is still with me in my heart. No matter where I go or what I do I know that he is there making that "One more cast". Has has even helped me land a few big ones with a little bit of luck. It is always important to never forget the ones you have lost, they are always with us. Fantastic comment dad. I love you, cant wait to see you soon.
HookemandCookem

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #62 on: Sep 21, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Hillary Clinton - as long as live bait's allowed for great white sharks.   8)

You'all can have Elizabeth.  I'll take Jessica.  Preferably Alba, but Simpson'd do the trick too.

Seriously, I'd pick my Grandpa too.  He wasn't much of a fisherman (great deer hunter though), but I'd like to spend one more day with him.

kc17

pizalm

• drop the hammer
« Reply #63 on: Sep 21, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I'd like to go with my dads parents. His dads gone and his mom can't fish anymore but they loved it more than anything. My moms parents can still fish so thats covered. I'd love to go on another back country trip with my dad to but he has nerve problems in his leg and has problems walking/balancing.

As long as I'm out fishing it doesn't matter to much who I'm with, I'll probably have a great time.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #64 on: Sep 22, 2006, 06:28 AM »

You'all can have Elizabeth.  I'll take Jessica.  Preferably Alba, but Simpson'd do the trick too.

Maybe you can catch your two Jessica limit. 8)

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #65 on: Sep 22, 2006, 06:34 AM »
Hillary Clinton - as long as live bait's allowed for great white sharks.   8)

She wouldn't be good bait...nothing would touch that old fish! :sick:

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #66 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:19 AM »
no....... Confucious says people who go to bed with an itchy a$$ wake up with smelly fingers      ;D ;D

:rotflol: :sick:

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #67 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:23 AM »

I was talking about the Minn. Vikings.  We all know what goes on when they get on a boat.

10-4
Need to start raising bail now!
Internet heros give it a rest!

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #68 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Mary Tyler Moore.

Tremendous when she was young!! Check out the old Dick Van d**e show re-runs.
I didn't come here to stay home.

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #69 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Bluefinforme!!!
I didn't come here to stay home.

fishryc

« Reply #70 on: Sep 24, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Hand's down, Curt Gowdy. For the information of younger members, here is a commentary by Hal Landen:

Curt Gowdy
July 31, 1919 -- February 20, 2006

I first met Curt Gowdy when I was working for The American Sportsman, an ABC Sports show that could be seen on Sundays during the 1970s and 80s. The show was devoted to hunting, fishing and adventure. My job of Equipment Manager involved carrying lots of cases.

Curt was the host of the show. We travelled all over the US and beyond to film show segments with celebrities from sports and entertainment. I recall shows we did with Curt and Mariel and Jack Hemingway hunting wood duck in Jackson Hole Wyoming; Quail hunting with Bruce Jenner; Bonefish fishing in the flats of the Florida Key with Herve Villechaize, Tarpon Fishing in Tarpon Springs, documenting (but not hunting) the migration of Canadian Geese down the Delaware, Elk Tracking (but not hunting), skin diving off Cuba, Tuna Fishing in Newfoundland and many more. What an amazing job I had!

Many of these shoots were physically demanding and dangerous. Much of the fun is that when working with a small group of people for a week or so, you become like a family unit. A lot of what makes that work comes from the top down. So while Curt was the star and father figure, he tied the group together because he was very professional and a lot of fun. There was always an ABC producer with us such as Bob Duncan, Glen Giere, or Mark Lucas leading the small army/family unit that a crew becomes. Theoretically, the ABC producer was running the show, but it was clear that they were working for Curt rather than visa versa.

On each shoot there were maybe three to eight freelancers including cameramen, assistant cameramen and sound men. The freelancers I worked with the most on American Sportsman included some of the best in the business such as Peter Henning, Bruce Buckley, Andy Rowe, Hank Holton, Alan Schneider, Jimmy Lynch, Dave Conley, Doyle Smith, Bruce Perlman.

The show would not have been possible without our extraordinary office manager for the small ABC Film Unit , Ms. Tony Brown. Among the others who worked on the fourth and fifth floors of the unmarked brownstone at 60 West 55th St, New York City were as Jon Hammond, Lorraine Venezia, Bob Nixon, Mary Jo, John Wilcox, Pat Smith, Neal Cunningham. Our editors includes Vinnie, Tony Scandifio, John Peterson, uh oh. memory failing...Help! Please email me names of others who should be listed here.

This was a successful show that, even though it was bounced around in the schedule by ABC, it became the prototype for this type of show. Imitators could never match the kind of fiercely loyal audience drawn to American Sportsman. As Curt told an interviewer for Sports Afield magazine in Feb 2002, "I think the appeal of The American Sportsman was that it had a film-like quality. It was more than just a hunting and fishing program. Every episode told a story. We had a big budget and the best people in the business working on that show - the best producers, editors, cameramen, and soundmen. Not like today where the host and a single cameraman do everything on an outdoor show."

Hunting and fishing are unpredictable activities. The freelancers joked that we had many hours of excruciating boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror. The show was filmed in 16mm film. Those film cameras were really the only way you could do it in those days. We used Eclair 16 mm cameras called NPRs and ACLs for most of the work. High speed cameras like the Photosonics could shoot up to 1000 frames a second and make exquisite slow motion.

But the sound recording was one of the most difficult aspects. The sound man had to be pretty clever sometimes hiding mics behind bushes and rocks. "We soon employed shortwave microphones," says Gowdy, "which was a first in the history of television. It allowed us to record every bit of conversation, and little things that made the experience more vivid to the viewer like the crushing of gravel under your wader boots or the cackle of a rising pheasant." Today these mics are called wireless mics. The sound was recorded on Nagra tape recorders which were worn on the shoulder. In some cases a miniature Nagra SN was hidden on the talent to provide more flexibility.

Some people with as much clout as Curt had could become demanding, but Curt never was. He was a true gentleman, patient and fun. He set the tone for the entire week or so we were on the shoot. Travelling and working outdoors with these documentary crews was some of the most fun I ever had in the TV business. Sitting for many hours in a cold duck blind, all day bouncing on the bow of a small fishing boat waiting for a Tarpon to be hooked and to leap high out of the water, sitting very quietly in complete camouflage before sunrise waiting for turkeys.

Long before I had the honor to work for him, Curt was an award-winning broadcaster. His broadcasting career began in Cheyenne, WY, in 1944 where he would stand on a milk crate and announce football games often in subzero temperatures. In 1949, he did play-by-play announcing for the New York Yankees and then two years later for the Boston Red Sox.

Curt Gowdy was inducted into the broadcast wing of the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1984 and the American Sportscaster's Hall of Fame in 1985. Gowdy won six Emmy's for his work on American Sportsman and nearly every celebrity appeared on the show at one point or another. As Gowdy said, "All these guys explained to me why they liked coming on the show: because they loved the outdoors and loved getting away from Hollywood and everything phony there." Curt was the perfect person to make that happen.

Thank you, Curt.
- Hal Landen

As a kid and into my twenties when The American Sportsman was canceled, I loved this show and the very personable and likeable Mr. Gowdy. It was truly an adventurous show that I and many watched religiously.
He and the show are still missed by me......................

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #71 on: Sep 24, 2006, 02:04 PM »
My son's every day of my life!

Eye Hunter

« Reply #72 on: Sep 24, 2006, 10:13 PM »
My son's every day of my life!
Amen ! Bussman there is nothing better than seeing the look on a kids face when he ties into a nice eye or smallmouth, I watched it all summer with my grandson.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.