FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississinewa dam  (Read 4065 times)

Spooled85

Mississinewa dam
« on: Jul 14, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Was wonder if anyone could give me any info on how the water flow / level is . Thinking about making the 2 he drive in the morning . Any info would be greatly appreciated

Spooled85

Re: Mississinewa dam
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2017, 06:36 AM »
Ok thank you

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2017, 10:31 AM »
The water was up Saturday afternoon - about 5.5 feet on the Peoria gauge.  Caught drum (white perch) and small stripers on minnows right in the boils.

fish on,

rivereddy

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Not gummed up  The gauge  is right below the dam and the jumps result from either opening or closing off the flow.
The site immediately upstream is the lake level and its quite a game to look at what is going on level wise with the lake and what
the release will be.

fish on,

rivereddy

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2017, 07:56 AM »
A buddy and I ran up yesterday afternoon.  There was a pretty good crowd and the water was running fast and furious.  The gage said
the water was at 4 feet. One could walk on the walkway on the west side in about 3 inches of water.  We picked that side to be in the shade as the sun was fierce. The drum were thick in that rolling water and right on the rocks.  We caught a bunch all within 3 feet of shore.  We drifted worm pieces under a couple of split shot.  Guys on the other side caught a couple of small silver bass and a few drum as well.

fish on,

rivereddy

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Anyone catching anythjng?

tater140

« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2017, 12:28 PM »
I'm going to fish the lake tomorrow morning, will try and let you know how that goes.

Spooled85

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Can anyone tell me how the dam has been the last few days ? Thinking of making the him there tomorrow and not sure with not having any rain in some time how it would be ? Please and thank  you

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #8 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:56 AM »
Can anyone tell me how the dam has been the last few days ? Thinking of making the him there tomorrow and not sure with not having any rain in some time how it would be ? Please and thank  you

It's been steady at 1.20 for the last 5 days

bherr24

« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2017, 10:09 PM »
I went over this evening but didn't fish the dam, i fished over on the lake side from shore.  Probably caught close to 40 crappie, ended up keeping 12. Using twister tails on a 1/16th oz jig head. Not too bad of a trip for the first time crappie fishing there since April.  Almost every fish was a black crappie and right up on the bank chasing minnows.

Spooled85

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2017, 04:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply fellas

rivereddy

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2017, 09:55 AM »
Fished the Wabash yesterday just upstream from Peru.  Fishing was good and though we used a canoe, we saw one guy wading the river -  in midstream...
Walleye, channels and big drum made for a good trip.

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Fished the Wabash yesterday just upstream from Peru.  Fishing was good and though we used a canoe, we saw one guy wading the river -  in midstream...
Walleye, channels and big drum made for a good trip.

fish on,

rivereddy

Do you eat the fish out of there?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Do you eat the fish out of there?

I do

Spooled85

« Reply #14 on: Aug 24, 2017, 06:28 PM »
I do as well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com