FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Skaneatles in mid September  (Read 1230 times)

Canoejon

Skaneatles in mid September
« on: Aug 16, 2021, 10:29 PM »
We’ll be on the lake for almost a week in mid September. Wondering if anyone has any tips. I’ll have LC and would love to run into LLs, Bows, and eyes. Panfish for the frying pan are also welcome. I get plenty of lakers down here out of Kensico. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Pequod1

Re: Skaneatles in mid September
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2021, 07:18 AM »
With my limited knowledge of the lake and fishing there last September this is what I found.  First off, as if two weeks ago there is still only one dock at the launch. I was told the other dock would be there by July 4 th - nope.  Hopefully, you have a dock at your cottage.  The fishing is always good in that lake it seems.  I just fish the east shore with drop shots, swim and jerk baits and you will catch plenty of panfish and bass. Most bass are 10-14” though.  Try depths from right up near the docks to the 20-30’ drop off.  I have seen schools of trout swimming on the surface early in the morning so casting a few spoons should get their attention. Good luck.

mcully

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2021, 12:11 PM »
Almost had two docks but someone decided to hit the throttle and run on top of the north one and chew it up with a prop. The south dock was in and a small part of the north last I was on. After labor day the traffic drops off week by week. drop shot is a go to for multiple species

Pequod1

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2021, 05:01 AM »
I heard about that boat accident. Must have been something to see.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.