FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Satisfactory Sunday  (Read 554 times)

bogtrotter

Satisfactory Sunday
« on: Aug 01, 2021, 01:50 PM »
Earlier in the week, the weathermen were predicting that Saturday would be nice (which it was) but Sunday would be a washout (about which, fortunately, they were wrong).

Today (at least so far) it's been partly sunny with temps in the low 70's.

So when my younger son needed me to drop him off at the gym in North Adams at 12 noon and pick him up again at 2 PM, I thought I ought to "seize the day" and use that two hour block of time to fish a couple streams up that way.

Stream levels were still high, but closer to Goldilocks conditions than any other time that I can recall during the past month or so.

Starting with Hudson Brook in the Natural Marble Bridge State Park, I worked my way down from the waterfall at the foot of the chasm and ended up with five brookies (one 8", one 9" and two 11") and one small (8") brown.

Next I tried the North Branch of the Hoosic.

At first, I flailed away without success just above and just below the entrance to the Park.

Then, since two other fishermen already occupied here the stream curls around the back of the Beaver Mill parking lot, I drove further downstream and fished below the Eclipse Mill dam.

There I landed a 14" rainbow in the shadow of the dam and then a slightly larger (15") one about 50 yards further downstream.

At that point, I had to break things off and drive my son home before hanging up my waders and posting this breaking news. (LOL)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.