FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dispersion Patterns  (Read 690 times)

bogtrotter

Dispersion Patterns
« on: Aug 27, 2021, 07:56 PM »
I managed to get out for forty five minutes on the South Hoosic in Adams late this afternoon.

Mostly sunny, 87 degrees, good stream levels.

I fished  the upper stretch of my "milk run," which starts at Mllen Mayflower and ends a little below the footbridge downstream from the Burnett Bednarz Bridge.

I ended up with a 13" rainbow (under the B/B Bridge), another one just above the footbridge and a 15" rainbow just below it.

That made a welcome change from the last couple of weeks - - during which I have been consistently skunked on that same stretch, and all of the trout that I was able to land were concentrated in the lower end of my milk run, downstream from the Old Stone Mill.

Overall, I think it's a good sign that the fish are spreading out again, rather than all clumped together in a remarkably short (1/4 mile) stretch of river.

stripernut

Re: Dispersion Patterns
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2021, 05:45 AM »
Most often it is about Temp/oxygen levels, as the water temp starts to drop the fish can survive in more spots...

bogtrotter

Re: Dispersion Patterns
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2021, 05:56 AM »
Most often it is about Temp/oxygen levels, as the water temp starts to drop the fish can survive in more spots...

Well, the (air) temps have risen over the period that I'm referring to, but we've also had rain during that time, which has presumably lowered the water temps, so that explanation would fit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.