FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Solid Multi-Species Day  (Read 762 times)

bogtrotter

Solid Multi-Species Day
« on: Aug 28, 2021, 04:22 PM »
I took a ride over to Montague this morning to fish the Saw Mill for a few hours during the late morning and early afternoon.

It was overcast, with temps fluctuating between 67 and 72 degrees.  Stream levels were not bad - - perhaps just a tad on the low side.

Starting just above the South Street bridge, I wet waded to the next bridge (Union Street, I think) downstream.

I caught a 13" rainbow directly under the SS bridge, as well as an 8" brown and ten (5" to 9") brookies further downstream.

Along the way, I saw a doe that seemed remarkably reluctant to leave the shore as I approached it.

Then I drove to a little below the Book Mill and worked my way upstream to the bridge above it.

As I made my way to the stream from my car, I was pricked by thorns and eaten by mosquitoes, but (after all) an artist needs to suffer for his art.

Fortunately, my pains were rewarded with (oddly) two foot-long small mouth just below the waterfall downstream from the Book Mill.

After that, I drove home and had an early cookout dinner - - diced chicken breast sauteed with vegetables (tomatoes, olives, carrots, banana peppers and dandelion greens) in sofrito and recaito sauces and chased down with a glass of homemade red blend (cranberry, grape and black raspberry) wine.

stripernut

Re: Solid Multi-Species Day
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2021, 04:26 PM »
Congrats! That is a BIG Smally, you need to start getting some pics!

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2021, 05:34 PM »
Congrats! That is a BIG Smally, you need to start getting some pics!

Reading it over, I think my post may have left the wrong impression. 

I caught two small mouth - - each one of which was 12" long .

Still not bad, but obviously not as impressive as landing a single 24" small mouth.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2021, 05:50 PM »
Sounds like a good trip to me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.