FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Help with Fish and Game's Fishing Report  (Read 2321 times)

Supervisor

Help with Fish and Game's Fishing Report
« on: Apr 10, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Guys,

Some of you may be familiar with the NHFG Fishing Report  we've been putting out for several years http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/fishing/fishing-report.html.  I am the editor of this report and my goal this year is to improve on the "what's biting where" type of information in the report.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask you guys to send me short reports from your fishing excursions.  Minimum info. I would ask of you is lake or stream fished (town of stream section), species caught, and what worked for you (bait, lures, flies, etc.- be as specific as you want).  I know that "spotburning" may be a touchy subject with some of you, but really, are there that many secrets left?  The goal of the NHFG Fishing Report is to help anglers new and old, to keep the interest up in fishing, and retain and recruit anglers to our sport.  Anyways, if you think you could help me out just send your reports to me at [email protected].  Feel free to include pics but no guarantees they will be used in the report.  Thanks for listening and if you have any suggestions on how to improve the Fishing Report, I'd like to hear them!  Tight lines to all!

Scott
Scott Decker, NHFGD Inland Fisheries Supervisor

zwiggles

Re: Help with Fish and Game's Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:28 PM »
I Hope a bump on this one is appropriate.

NH_RED

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:09 PM »
Scott is right for the most part, not many secrets these days. I have always found them fun to read and provide some good general info. You can't make it to easy ;)

Supervisor

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Thanks for the bump Zach and for sending me your reports!

swnoel

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 05:28 AM »
Just curious why species, size, and  amount isn't included in the weekly stocking reports?

Supervisor

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Just curious why species, size, and  amount isn't included in the weekly stocking reports?

Data isn't summarized that way until end of the year.  Eventually, we may be able to have more detailed stocking data that is more easily searchable like some other states do.

dickbaker

« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2017, 05:59 PM »
 ??? ::)  Scott?   Just did a story about Ammonoosuc TU chapter Memorial Day Kids" fishing derby in Twin Mountain.   Would be great if Ron Ouellette might have you publish it along with kids fishing photos?
Never seen so many giggling kids?
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.