FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I have no tackle, going to place a $50 order at fishusa.com today. Help select?  (Read 3007 times)

evanesce

I mainly fish for Pike, Pickerel, Perch, Bass, and Walleye..  I have basically no tackle whatsoever.  What are my essentials to get?  What is everyone's "must-have" lures, tackle, etc?

stripernut

Shore bound, boat, bait, casting, night fishing, day time, do you fish with braided line, what kind of water, rivers lakes? A little more info would help steer you in the right direction...

evanesce

Ah, yes boat, casting, day fishing, i do have braided fireline, small lakes.  This is what I have so far..

Product    Price    Total    Remove
   Berkley PowerBait 5" Wacky Crawler
1- Green Pumpkin (GP)    $3.95    $3.95   
   Eagle Claw L092 Lazer Sharp Wide Gap Worm Hooks - 5 Pack
1- 3/0; Black    $2.75    $2.75   
   Johnson Silver Minnow Weedless Spoons
1- 1/2 oz.; Chartreuse Flash (SM1/2-CHF)    $4.15    $4.15   
2- 1/2 oz.; Firetiger Flash (SM1/2-FTF)    $4.15    $8.30   
1- 1/4 oz.; Firetiger Flash (SM1/4-FTF)    $4.10    $4.10   
   Rapala X-Rap XR10 Lures
2- Glass Ghost (GGH)    $7.95    $15.90   
   Rapala X-Rap XR10 Lures
2- Yellow Perch (YP)       $7.95    $15.90   

fontona19

I would add 1/8 oz jig heads, and 3" & 4" mister twister twisty tail grubs. Its a fish producer for most warm water species. Not to mention they are cheap, and dont hurt the wallet when and if you do get snapped off.

stripernut

I am a sucker for top water bass fishing and don't leave home with out some scum frogs... I may not get the most bass in the boat but I almost always get the biggest!

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
A good variety of rubber worms (mr. Twisters) in different colors and some good hooks.   spoons and rooster tails in different sizes and colors.

NYSporty

I would add 1/8 oz jig heads, and 3" & 4" mister twister twisty tail grubs. Its a fish producer for most warm water species. Not to mention they are cheap, and dont hurt the wallet when and if you do get snapped off.

2X
There are allot of colored grub tails out there I always have white, black and yellow.
Troll them just like you would a stick bait or jig them.

Hula poppers and jitter bugs.
Sanko's !!! black w/blue flake
Spinner baits !!

evanesce

I ordered.  I got everything except for the mister twisty's.  The site doesn't seem to sell that brand?  Try walmart perhaps?

walleye1

Ditto on what Fontona19 told you. Twisters catch anything that swims. They can also be fished at any depth that you choose.

filetandrelease

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
I would also recommend the Storm Wildeye swimbaits in either the 2", 3", or 4" depending on what fish species you want to target.
The 2" would be OK for trout and panfish, 3" for bigger trout, walleye and bass, and 4" size and larger for pike, bigger walleye, big bass and musky.

Appropriate colors can vary on water and forage species, but the firetiger and chartreuse yellow and white are colors is a good start.

These swimbaits are nice, no need to rig it to a leadhead as they area already built in and with a variety of retrieves catch many different fish species.

WW

Lundin-loading

I'd break it down and buy a Plano for each spending endeavour. Your gonna do this a few more times I think, I like buying it just as much as I like using it! I'd start with terminal tackle, hooks of different sizes and uses (bait, octopus, dropshot, floats etc.) line/leader, sinkers, 1/8, & 1/4oz jigs in various colors, floating jig heads. This is going to be for bait rigging all species , $50 towards terminal tackle will feel satisfying. After this move on to each species you plan to fish and build a plano box accordingly. Then start a multi-species box for just cranks, $50 towards rapala will be depressing when you look at it, but small investments at a time add up over time, I just had to split my cranks to different boxs, floaters, divers & huskys.
Beauty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.