FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NOAA Climate Prediction Center April through Summer forecasts  (Read 2856 times)

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

meandcuznalfy

Looking like a hot summer. Hope not, looking pretty ugly for our water unless we get a lot of moisture soon.

taxid

Looking like a hot summer. Hope not, looking pretty ugly for our water unless we get a lot of moisture soon.

You're not the only one. Parts of the midwest are dry too. This is friend's pond last fall. It's even lower now. Granted it's tied into the water table but still...

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

meandcuznalfy

Dam, that's ugly. A lake we fish a bit was lowered last fall to 6% capacity so they could work on the dam, not much snow in the hills. On my trip to Montana the old Bighole river was pretty low still and not much snow there for this time of year. Our local lake is really low still and we don't have any snow, gonna be a bad water year I'm afraid.

bogtrotter

We'll see.

meandcuznalfy

Yep, if we don't get moisture soon, will be rough here, the farmers will drain the lakes.

TomFish

After years of battling high water on Lake Ontario, we are WAY low right now and there's no snow pack left to refill any of the great lakes.  One of our local boat launches is quite a bit of mud between the lake and the end of the cement ramp.

I heard they were going to decrease flow out to the st lawrence, but i fear that will be too little too late if we dont get a lot of rain sometime soon.

Its nice to see the great lakes in green on that forecast, but i don't put too much stock in weather forecasts beyond a week out.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Looks like I'll be fishing more salty water this year. The lakes are already super down and there is basically no spring run off from the snow melt. Not looking good for a lot of reasons, fishing being only one concern!

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!

Yeah, didn't they forecast a wet snowy winter, more than usual amounts?
Here in the northeast it was warmer and drier than usual. We're already in early drought conditions in many areas of the region.

I'm always rooting for rain in the forecasts, specifically during the week when I'm at work.
Even more specifically at night when less evaporation occurs.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

taxid

Re: NOAA Climate Prediction Center April through Summer forecasts
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2021, 09:14 AM »
Yeah, didn't they forecast a wet snowy winter, more than usual amounts?
Here in the northeast it was warmer and drier than usual. We're already in early drought conditions in many areas of the region.

I'm always rooting for rain in the forecasts, specifically during the week when I'm at work.
Even more specifically at night when less evaporation occurs.

The forecast was spot on for winter in my part of the country. Very mild. Never got below zero this winter.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2021, 11:48 AM »
They were a bit off for winter here, no snow and didn't get below 20.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2021, 03:34 PM »
Winter ice fishing for me was much less than normal, but mainly because of family commitments and some other nuisance issues.

The only "silver lining" to having a drought ridden summer is (hopefully) fewer mosquitoes and more concentrated fishing.
A couple of rivers I like to fish are deep enough in the trough to sustain the fish throughout a dry season.
Last year I had a blast because when I found where the fish had moved to, I was able to catch some really impressive fish.
Also gave me a chance to see some impressive wildlife as well!

But still, I would forgo the benefits I get to make sure waters don't become adversely affected by a lack of rain.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2021, 07:08 PM »
I'd like to see all our reservoirs full, they're for irrigation so they'll pull all the water out of them and ruin a great fishery, that'll take years to come back.

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2021, 09:12 AM »
i predict it will be hot and humid with times of moderate temps.  rain fall will be off and on but mostly dry.  same as the last 50yrs of my life.

wasnt a "nooa scientist" responsible for the fake mermaid videos a couple years back?  probably a test to see how much crap we would swallow? lol

Never heard of the "fake mermaid" videos.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.