FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp Strike Video  (Read 3161 times)

EAD

Carp Strike Video
« on: Sep 15, 2009, 06:42 AM »
What's up guys? I am at the pond now and filmed a Carp strike to show the amazing initial runs they go on... Should be neat, will upload when I get home.

Ed

EAD

Re: Carp Strike Video
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2009, 09:57 AM »
Here it is.

Things to keep in mind in the video.  #1, I am fishing the narrow mouth of a pond so if the fish didn't run horizontally (Which he didn't) then he was going to run in circles. (Which he did) #2, This isn't even that big of a fish as far as Carp go, 5-6lbs, so you can imagine what your rod would look like with a big one on there.  #3, look at that reel go! Don't be confused, that reel is as loose as a goose and although it didn't seem like it went far, the fish still took about 25 feet of line in the 5 seconds of running.

The second fish of the day ended up taking the line up into the pond and that was a good fight, too bad I had already shut the camera off. Same thing, average size fish but must have taken out 125+ feet of line before I could even get the fish turned around!

All in all I fished for just under 2 hours and landed 2 average fish and got broken off in the by what felt like a decent one.

Fun stuff.

Here is a picture of the second fish I landed. A beautiful fully scaled Mirror Carp. This Mirror has the most scales out of any one I've ever caught in my short Carp carrer... Pretty fish.

Stuck-on-Seven

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Haha that was neat....what did ya catch em on?

EAD

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Haha that was neat....what did ya catch em on?

Hey stuck-on, thanks for the good words.

Was caught on hard shell corn like reccomended in my posts, flavored with wild starberry crystal light "energy" (caffine + loaded with viatmin B) , which has been the hot flavor as of the last couple weeks for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.