FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: master angler  (Read 2699 times)

peple of the perch

master angler
« on: Apr 14, 2004, 07:42 AM »
has anyone ever become or heard of a master angler. by catching 4 or more fish bigger than normal.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: master angler
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2004, 09:29 AM »
POTP, I've been fishing a long time and caught a lot of fish that are "bigger than normal".  What you will find out is that no matter how good of an angler that you think that you are, the fish can be quite humbling sometimes and make you wonder what the heck happened to all that master angler knowledge that you think that you had...or, some youngster like yourself will come along and thump your butt, out fish you, and put you in your place.  It happens to all of us.

Therefore, I don't consider myself a master angler.  I consider myself a happy angler, one that can go out and enjoy figuring out the puzzle each time on how to catch fish and satisfy my need to fish.  If anyone else labels me a master angler, then that is their perogative, but I reserve the right to disagree with them ;D

Now, that doesn't mean that YOU shouldn't strive to be a master angler.  Even if you never get there, it sure is fun practicing, working hard, learning, and trying to get there.

Keep on trying, keep that youthful confidence, but stay humble in the mean time.

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2004, 09:55 AM »
I think he's talking about MANITOBA'S MASTER ANGLER PROGRAM.

-Scott

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2004, 10:00 AM »
Uh...OK... Nevermind...  ;D

Muskie Matt

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2004, 10:03 AM »
In Massachusetts there is award for someone who catches each specified species of fish that are of certain size.

peple of the perch

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2004, 10:39 AM »
in ohio they have somthing called fish ohios. for every fish that is above average or fish measures to be bigger than the required amount.well anyway u mail in a form that tells the odnr that u have caught one of these fish and they will give u a pin and a certificate  for catching the fish. if u catch 4 of the required fish all in different species that u get a differtnt pin that says that u r a master angler. here is the web sight that will tell u what u have to get to be a master angler.u might have to search around a while http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/masterangler/

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2004, 10:47 AM »
New York DEC has a similar program called the Angler Achievement Awards.  You can read about it here:
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/fish/foe4cang.html#AwardCategories
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.