FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Canandaigua panfish  (Read 2418 times)

reubenpa

Canandaigua panfish
« on: Apr 25, 2004, 12:22 PM »
got 38 gills and 14 rockies last evening... biggest gill was 9.5 inches...   I fished in a little corner of this place, and there was a big log kinda holding in some other chunks of wood.  There was an opening that was wedge shaped about 6 feet at the widest and maybe 8 foot long. I tried there and for an hour and a half I was getting them strong, and I was at that spot for 2 hours.  kept about 45 out of that little spot. On the other side of the log I couldn't buy a bite.  The pic of the single fish was the biggest gill!!  Enjoy...

Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bigdave1018

Re: Canandaigua panfish
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2004, 03:06 PM »
blues,seeds and rocks o my. nice yummy catch there reuben

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Nice catch Reub!!!!  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 11:08 PM »
Tonights catch behind Wegmans in Candga
a 28 inch 11 lb carp
a 38.5 inch 31 lb carp
8.5 inch seed
24 panfish/heads total also got 2 crappies there this morning, so 26 total

Jigwiggler

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 10:16 PM »
Holy cow Rueben, that a big carp!!  Must have put up a good fight on a panfish rod and reel.  Do you eat them or are they for the posies?

reubenpa

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 12:07 PM »
posies definately. I only kept them so I could get a pic of my biggest fish ever. If I had a camara thre they would have gone back... I forgot to post that the big one had a 27 inch girth

waterdawg14622

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 09:45 PM »
I was told that spring carp are tasty.  I have yet to try one, but havent caught any in the past few years.  I guess they are a popular in Europe.  Anybody have any Carp recipes? Reuben sure looks like he needs one with all that Carp! ;)  Nice catch!
Jeff

Jigwiggler

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 08:57 AM »
posies definately. I only kept them so I could get a pic of my biggest fish ever. If I had a camara thre they would have gone back... I forgot to post that the big one had a 27 inch girth

Whew!  You had me a little concerned.  :P  Good job again, big fish of any kind are fun to land!

reubenpa

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 05:34 PM »
never heard of wegmans undtil last nov Slipbob... but fishing behind it is awesome... average 70-90 panfish a week there...  I love it..

I don't like the bother of fertilier as fish.. smell..etc.. but I wanted a pic bad, and it was the only day I didn't take my camara in a week or so.. figures huh?  I am going tonight and u can bet that camara will be with me, will post tomorrow!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.