FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628370 times)

gotagetm

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #2655 on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:28 AM »
is this the same powder paint like jahns/netcraft or pro tec paint? if so ive been using them along time,i just shake jar up and heat jig head up with with burner on stove then put in oven at 350 for 15 mins ,very simple     

boondox

« Reply #2656 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:08 PM »
is this the same powder paint like jahns/netcraft or pro tec paint? if so ive been using them along time,i just shake jar up and heat jig head up with with burner on stove then put in oven at 350 for 15 mins ,very simple     

tjstackle sell the same paint as protec and janns net craft basically he is a protec distributor and his name is on the jars not protec same good paint just like janns is on their jars...

check it out here..

http://www.tjstackle.com/

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2657 on: Feb 10, 2016, 05:53 PM »
A Crappie pattern I've been playing with.

It swims like crazy. Eye turned up seems better.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #2658 on: Feb 11, 2016, 12:13 AM »
A Crappie pattern I've been playing with.

It swims like crazy. Eye turned up seems better.

Rg

sounds like your need some thing like those swimming pools that have a current so you can swim against for resistance this is for testing your flies out... I thought about making a aquarium to do this might just do it will see? I wanted it for testing new lures and flies but setting it up is going to be a pain in the arse.... plus I got to do some figuring on how to get enough current for it to flow right lol's so stuff like heavier spoons swim right not just sink? still trying to figure it out my self?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2659 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:31 AM »
Well, since I retired, I could use a little resistance swimming myself ::)

I've been keeping my eyes open for a fish tank at Goodwill. You could create a current tank by placing the inlet on one end and the outlet opposite end. A couple of valves and a pump and you'd be in business.

It seems to me that I've seen them for sale somewhere. A small scale job.

Now you've got me thinking again  ::)

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2660 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:37 AM »
This guy has a pretty cool idea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFWmn3Z6G8

Rg

boondox

« Reply #2661 on: Feb 11, 2016, 05:42 PM »
This guy has a pretty cool idea.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFWmn3Z6G8

Rg

I can see mine and rg next project  ::) lol's funny thing is I am real thinking about it...cause I use a lot of trolling spoons now I got to make the pvc pipe loop and the little window heck I got a trolling motor already for it ::) lol's

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2662 on: Feb 12, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Not me! I've more than enough projects.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #2663 on: Feb 12, 2016, 03:55 PM »
same hear plenty of projects.. on a side note I wonder how they would drain it? with out getting it every ware?   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2664 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:53 PM »
More than that....a 12" dia Pipe holds 5.88 gallons per foot. That unit is at least 6' long. That's a minimum of 35 gallons of water weighing over 300 lbs. now add the trolling motor and you've got a bit of stuff to support.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #2665 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:55 PM »
More than that....a 12" dia Pipe holds 5.88 gallons per foot. That unit is at least 6' long. That's a minimum of 35 gallons of water weighing over 300 lbs. now add the trolling motor and you've got a bit of stuff to support.

Rg

another good point...plus I don't see a drain what if the water get smelly or moldy ? 

boondox

« Reply #2666 on: Feb 16, 2016, 07:27 PM »
I was thinking of making one with a pool pump to circulate the water either a 8 inch or a 6 inch pvc pipe in a real small loop of pvc might work? only one way to find out truthfully? 

this is one of the pumps I was thinking?

https://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/Pentair340219PoolPump/69476p1?gclid=Cj0KEQiArou2BRDcoN_c6NDI3oMBEiQANeix5o2a9JsPvfxFOTuHNVlXxFjvTeIggKQPn505XzqLwqUaAhkD8P8HAQ

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2667 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:21 AM »
How would you vary the speed?

If you're testing trolling lures you need to know how fast your going and how the lure reacts to different speeds.

Just spitballing here.
Rg

boondox

« Reply #2668 on: Feb 17, 2016, 05:18 AM »
could try a ball valve to vary speed attached to the outlet end of the pump? and for speed checking  I may set up my fish finder with a speed temp probe attached to it...just playing with idea's my self...but it is always good to throw them out there to see what others offer  up...  but as always  good points rg...

Mac Attack

« Reply #2669 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:21 AM »
hey Bob - you got mail.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.