FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 100053 times)

zwiggles

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #465 on: May 08, 2021, 08:19 AM »
When you think you have a pb brown....and instead it's a giant sucker....

Haha, definitely disappointing when you think it’s a brown, but man do those suckers fight hard!

ICEHOLE

« Reply #466 on: May 08, 2021, 09:02 AM »
Haha, definitely disappointing when you think it’s a brown, but man do those suckers fight hard!
Hope you kept it for belly strip trailer and chum   :D
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

lowaccord66

« Reply #467 on: May 08, 2021, 03:18 PM »
I let him go.  I think the area I was in will be good for trapping bait when it warms up.

Had a few hours this morning.  Landed one bow that was about 4lbs...one fin rotten.  The tiger was really good looking!

zwiggles

« Reply #468 on: May 08, 2021, 04:06 PM »
Nice tiger! Do you run into those often? And what do you mean by rotten fin? Like a stocker fin that wore off in the tank?

lowaccord66

« Reply #469 on: May 08, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Not too often.  Yes one of its fins was like melted off.  Pretty gross.  For a heavy trout it fought like crap too!

lowaccord66

« Reply #470 on: May 09, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Got out 12-330.  Lost count.  Mostly bows, and strangely more brookies than browns.  Flow was a bit high still which I enjoyed. 

One fish came unstuck and got me.  Thankful for barbless...

lowaccord66

« Reply #471 on: May 13, 2021, 09:16 AM »
Caddis hatch has begun. Had some spinner falls as well last night.  Flow 1000 cfs or so fishing the lower end of the farmington.  All browns last night which was odd!

lowaccord66

« Reply #472 on: May 14, 2021, 09:26 PM »
Another evening of caddis.  Caught a couple handfuls.  One brown was really nice.  Wild roughly 20".  Hit the tag fly.  Wanted a pic badly but the line for my point fly wrapped around his head several times taking all the seconds I had for a pic.

Pat we gotta go soon!

lowaccord66

« Reply #473 on: May 17, 2021, 06:36 AM »
The 5am to 9 session was better than the 2-6 session.  Good day.  Caught a lot of bows like this one.

lowaccord66

« Reply #474 on: May 20, 2021, 09:00 PM »
Fished 6 to 9 on the housy last night and caught mostly wild browns. Nothing huge but it didn't matter because of how they fight.  Always reminds me of big stripers because they weave around stuff and actively try to break your leader.  I've hooked a couple admirable browns in the housy I had no chance of landing...maybe one day...

Tonight was another great caddis night but on the Farmington.  Fished 5 to 8.  Lots of brookies in the second spot I fished.  The trout are moving into my favorite water.  Fast shallow white water.  When the right flies land they get smashed instantaneously. 

zwiggles

« Reply #475 on: May 20, 2021, 10:40 PM »
Sounds like some great action!

lowaccord66

« Reply #476 on: May 25, 2021, 07:08 AM »
Another decent night on the housy.  Highlight was a wild brown of about 18".  That and I fell...hard....getting down to the water down a rock wall.  Hit my knee pretty hard.  Was happy I didn't rip my waders...

westernmas

« Reply #477 on: May 26, 2021, 09:54 AM »
Finally had a few hours to fish after work yesterday. Hit one of my favorite sections of the west branch of the Westfield. Water was much more fish able than last time I visited and I was able to bring a nice brown and a rainbow to hand. Lost a much bigger brown at the net and had a few other takes. Was also visited by a very curious beaver who was in the process of damming up one of the better pools on the river. Feel like there needs to be an open season on them with all of the new lodges and dams I’m seeing.

Adipose would make you think it’s wild or a holdover but I’m leaning toward stocked.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2021, 04:30 PM »
I need a net just for better pics.  Great work Pat.  On the farmy tonight if you are around.

westernmas

« Reply #479 on: Jun 01, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Got out to the west branch again once the sun popped out of the clouds yesterday evening. There was an insane caddis hatch but nothing seemed to be coming up to the surface. I got my biggest rainbow I’ve caught in a while and one other smaller one with a couple of misses mixed in. Fished 3 different sections of river and saw a GD beaver in every spot.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.