FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi's Report  (Read 4250 times)

indianahooker

Re: Resi's Report
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2021, 09:01 AM »
we must have been fishing the same eddy!!!!!  but i must have fished it first.  every crappie i caught out of there was over 13"+.  a fish every cast just like you said.  filled my bucket with a limit and headed out.  had 12 over 13", 8 over 14", 4 over 15" and 1 that was just short of 17".  the egg sack alone filled my hand when butchered.  she mite have went 3pounds!  there were two guys down the way in kayaks catching fish too.  picked up half a bucket of bottles and cans on the way out.  couldn't carry it all, still more to get next trip.   

bherr24

« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2021, 05:16 PM »
Hit it again today...kept 20 that were 11 to 12 inches. No monsters for me today just good eaters. My buddies got a couple big ones though close to 14 inches. Busy schedule all week im probably done till next sunday.

bigr

« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2021, 05:36 AM »
Fished yesterday afternoon and water hasn't been effected by the rains. Fish are filling all the slack areas and are moving upstream fast. The flats ,hogsback and 688 will all be giving up fish as well as the ones we've been fishing up to now. Crappie were not as far up as the reenactment area yet. That will take alittle higher water conditions. White bass in current and crappie in slack areas. Sally will see fish showing upstream this week also. From what I've seen you'll have a better chance at real big fish there.

tater140

« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2021, 03:52 PM »
Sounds like I'm going to have to do a spot check to see if their telling the truth.  I know how to post pictures too.  I fished the Sally 105 bridge a couple weeks back and caught probably 20-25 fish, and came home with 5 that were all barely keepers.

fishinator

« Reply #19 on: Apr 12, 2021, 03:54 PM »
we must have been fishing the same eddy!!!!!  but i must have fished it first.  every crappie i caught out of there was over 13"+.  a fish every cast just like you said.  filled my bucket with a limit and headed out.  had 12 over 13", 8 over 14", 4 over 15" and 1 that was just short of 17".  the egg sack alone filled my hand when butchered.  she mite have went 3pounds!  there were two guys down the way in kayaks catching fish too.  picked up half a bucket of bottles and cans on the way out.  couldn't carry it all, still more to get next trip.
that's a pretty epic day. No pics?

bherr24

« Reply #20 on: Apr 13, 2021, 10:25 AM »

Couple pics from this weekend for the naysayers. The fish are there if you know where to look and are willing to walk the extra mile and away from the popular spots.

bigr

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2021, 05:52 AM »
You are right. Fish are there and willing. Size has been good so far with bigger fish filling the holes right now. These cold nights might slow things down alittle but it's on til rain or spawn changes things.

bigr

« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2021, 08:45 AM »
Corp site finally updated. Missy up 9+ Sally up 8+ from winter pool. What that means to me and others that fish the resi's is you'll find fish up around management(flats) area and hogs back. Soon they will show up as far as 688. This is Missy. On sally you'll find fish up around Mt edna and soon as far as hinny's bend. Not sure what effect the cold nights are having as far as morning bite is concerned but the evening bite is good. Take a walk looking for a slack area and keep your eyes peeled for shrooms.

bigr

« Reply #23 on: Apr 15, 2021, 11:22 AM »
those are some nice fish bherr24 wtg!  too bad those tourney guys cant catch fish that size from there.  i think they only bring in sacks around 4-5pounds from those reservoirs.  sack of those there would weigh more than that.

The slabmasters tourney two weekends ago had a winning weight for seven fish right at nine lbs. I expected as much as 11lbs. Guys in those big fancy boats with all the high tech onboard just wont make the trip up river in fear of damage.Can't hardly blame them. Most don't know how to fish unless their spider rigging never holding their poles to feel the snap of a bite. Other than this time of year if you don't have all the latest and greatest you don't stand a chance. As far as I'm concerned it takes the fishing ability out of it and that's why I no longer fish the tourney trail. I would consider getting back in if they only allowed one pole. Never happen anymore.

Piggyn

« Reply #24 on: Apr 16, 2021, 10:22 AM »
looked back in past tourney results and didnt see any weights near that.  ill have to look harder.

Here you go... winning weight was 8.62 lbs.

https://www.indianaslabmasters.com/1-%20Missy%20Sally%20Choice%204-10-21.pdf
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

2LMKR2

« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2021, 08:28 PM »
I went to Mississinewa today and had a great time! Didn't find any crappie, but found several smallmouth, the 2 largest were 13” and 14”. One largemouth 13”, lots of small white bass every where I went, the 2 largest were 12” and 13”. The one that was the most fun was a drum that was a little over 24”, thought sure it would break me off with some of the runs it took. Didn't find lots of big fish ….. but it was sure a beautiful day to be out wadding in the river!!!

techja

« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2021, 10:22 AM »
Any thoughts on the how the rain will impact the crappie run and the bite?

bigr

« Reply #27 on: Apr 29, 2021, 11:10 AM »
I don't think very much. Watch the river in Marion. If it goes way up which I doubt or gets muddy it will effect the river portion of the spring bite. Very dry conditions.

techja

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Anyone finding/catching crappie at any of the area reservoirs with the high water?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.