FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye crappie at maxi  (Read 1621 times)

Ray Colburn1

Walleye crappie at maxi
« on: Oct 02, 2023, 02:05 PM »
Tried going out to maxi Sunday seen a few people on Facebook catching walleye and crappie didn’t say where or how they caught them or how deep in need help if I should go towards evening how deep and what to use for bait I appreciate all the help I can get

LundProv

Re: Walleye crappie at maxi
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2023, 09:41 PM »
Ray, my experience with Maxi has been that no matter what you used to catch fish the time you went, chances are the next time you go, with the same technique, you will probably zero.  I have not fished Max a lot but when I do, I keep it simple.  I quit buying live bait as there is a lot of vegetation.  I enjoy using the Garmin mapping just to find the humps and troughs and explore them with crank baits/jigs/blade baits.  I've had success and I've been skunked at all hours of the day.  Just go fish... Have fun... you bought lures at the store or on line because you thought they would catch fish so go give them a try.  Cast... Troll... Take a cooler with snacks and go have fun... Please let us know how you did.  Max is a relatively large lake.  Before I go, I look at the contour maps at home and decide the area I would like to focus on.  There will forever be parts of that lake that I just did not have time to explore.

Ray Colburn1

Re: Walleye crappie at maxi
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2023, 04:34 AM »
I appreciate the advice
I’m gonna do exactly what you said just go and explore I’ll let you know what happens
Thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.