FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite place to camp?  (Read 32344 times)

archbishop

Favorite place to camp?
« on: Aug 26, 2006, 11:44 PM »
where is everyones favorite place to camp?
is it in a park somewhere, private property or a little secret hideaway?

mine is in a spot not far from home, it has good small game hunting but no fishing :'( however its not to far from home and is quit and peaceful and very scenic :tipup:

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: Favorite place to camp?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2006, 12:08 AM »
On the shores of Gichiegoomie in the land of sky blue waters. ;D

I love the north shore of Lake Superior, especially in the fall after all the tourists go home. You can go a long way up the Gunflint Trail from Grand Marais, it is complete unspoiled wilderness.

Also, I used to camp just north of my house in all the state forests and game refuges. When you get about five miles north of me, there is a LOAD of state and county land open for public use. I don't camp up there so much anymore because the only reason I did in the first place was to get a little privacy, ;) ahem, I am married with my own house now.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2006, 07:51 AM »
Also, I used to camp just north of my house in all the state forests and game refuges. When you get about five miles north of me, there is a LOAD of state and county land open for public use. I don't camp up there so much anymore because the only reason I did in the first place was to get a little privacy, ;) ahem, I am married with my own house now.

HA.  I think we have all camped for that reason!  Also, when I was at Penn State, my family's camp was only about an hour and a half away.  Drove there many times with girlfriends to get a little privacy. ;D

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2006, 11:07 PM »
mine is in a spot not far from home, it has good small game hunting but no fishing :'( however its not to far from home and is quit and peaceful and very scenic :tipup:

Are you trying to be a poet again?  :-*
The ADKs for me! Period.  8)

pikeon

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Woodsteam CG in Gainsville, NY. The East Koy runs through the middle of the CG and Silver lake is 10 munutes away. A great variety of fishing.

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Arch - you visited mine.

Mac

that is a nice place with a nice view of lake erie :tipup:

blaque

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2006, 11:59 AM »
it has good small game hunting but no fishing :'( however its not to far from home and is quit and peaceful and very scenic :tipup:

Your favorite place to camp has no fishing!! :o :o :o I couldnt imagine throwin the tent in the truck without the rods and gear

archbishop

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2006, 12:24 PM »

Your favorite place to camp has no fishing!! :o :o :o I couldnt imagine throwin the tent in the truck without the rods and gear

yeah i know, its horrible, but it has great hunting, and its in the middle of no where and is close to home, its more a convinience than a favorite, but the amount of time i used to spend there turned it inot my favorite :tipup:

although its just a 5 minute car drive to the allegany river :tipup:

blaque

« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2006, 03:28 PM »
although its just a 5 minute car drive to the allegany river :tipup:

well there ya go......Id consider 5 minutes "On site" lol

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2006, 03:37 PM »
well there ya go......Id consider 5 minutes "On site" lol

yeah my spot is just up the road on rock city, near the PA border :tipup:
not much fishing up there :tipup:

Thestanimal

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Mine would be on the water at Allagash Lake in Maine.  Right on a point on the water-great fishing.  Only accessible by canoe and a 3 hour paddle.  No motors allowed.  Plenty of wildlife an no camps on the water.  True seclusion.
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Bon Echo Nation Park in Ontario....you cant beat it, in fact Im heading there this weekend and I will load you guys up with some pics as soon as I get back.

The Fishing is not so hot,as the lake is well over 300 feet deep...but you cant beat the scenery

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2006, 06:46 AM »
I don't like to camp around anyone else like stacked side by side in a campground.

I hear that.  I have taken my kids to places like that a few times - there is one near home that we can get to on short notice - but it's not ideal.

fishryc

« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2006, 01:30 PM »
Mine would be on the water at Allagash Lake in Maine.  Right on a point on the water-great fishing.  Only accessible by canoe and a 3 hour paddle.  No motors allowed.  Plenty of wildlife an no camps on the water.  True seclusion.

Watch out for those pesky aliens up there though!! Those four fisherman were "probed" in some uncomfortable ways by a whole slew of aliens a few years back!!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

Grimace

« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Algonquin.   when the leaves change. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.