FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 1 fish 2 personal bests!  (Read 3614 times)

Damurpha

• Fish forever....work whenever!
1 fish 2 personal bests!
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Last Saturday, earliest I've ever caught a striper, and the earliest I've ever caught a keeper, this is shaping up to be the best season ever!
I fish, because the voices in my head tell me to!

finnie

Re: 1 fish 2 personal bests!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Way to go!  i made the same 2 PB on friday!  Ive got a good feeling about this year!   Wind was brutal huh?

striper50trout

• Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Nice fish!  What were you using?

Damurpha

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Yeah it was cold, told my buddy that the coldest day of the winter was fishin late April
I was using a 9" sluggo rigged Steve McKenne style, you can find the video on how to rig it on youtube, I add an eagle claw eaker shaker head, makes it wobble like crazy! you can find 'em on ebay

fishsluggos

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:28 PM »
Fog looks brutal.

Nice fish!

sst4life

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Their is only one place that I know of where you need you need to make a fog bank like that in the sky
I play with my rod TWO HANDED !!!!!

capedeer/fish

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 04:14 PM »
Their is only one place that I know of where you need you need to make a fog bank like that in the sky
  LOL......
     Nice catch!
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Nice fish!! Congrats! Nice rig too! Thanks for sharing!

lavaman

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:43 PM »
wtg dave. we should get together this yr and trade secrets. did u make it up to winni last winter?

Damurpha

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Sounds good! I'll send ya a text, yeah made it to winni but didn't fish the derby, went the week after and had the place to our selves, went out with Yo Adrien charters, had a blast caught 14 lakers, biggest 4.6 I have a post on ice shanty back in February, if you wanna fish Winni and catch fish go with him, he's a great guide and an even better guy! oh yeah my buddy Lenny caught this last night!

striper50trout

• Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Yeah it was cold, told my buddy that the coldest day of the winter was fishin late April
I was using a 9" sluggo rigged Steve McKenne style, you can find the video on how to rig it on youtube, I add an eagle claw eaker shaker head, makes it wobble like crazy! you can find 'em on ebay

I'll have to try that, thanks.  I got one on a hogy on a jig head last night but not even close to the fish you guys are getting.  Fish on!

kayak

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Great fish.  Congrats.    I never understood the fogging out her or on ice shanty. I know people want to keep their secret spots but it still comes down to skill in fishing and not just the location.    None the less great fish

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Sounds good! I'll send ya a text, yeah made it to winni but didn't fish the derby, went the week after and had the place to our selves, went out with Yo Adrien charters, had a blast caught 14 lakers, biggest 4.6 I have a post on ice shanty back in February, if you wanna fish Winni and catch fish go with him, he's a great guide and an even better guy! oh yeah my buddy Lenny caught this last night!

Adrien is the best on the lake, there is no doubt.

TV clip about him:
http://www.wmur.com/r/30524654/detail.html

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.