FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Oxbow?  (Read 3612 times)

stripernut

The Oxbow?
« on: Aug 20, 2013, 02:47 PM »
My father and I plan on towing the tin boat down to the Oxbow. Most likely we will hit in the morning (the two of us) and then again in the afternoon with my nephew. Any info would be great, not looking for your "hot Spot", open to most any type of fishing!
Thanks!

trout stalker

Re: The Oxbow?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2013, 12:47 PM »
you have probably already gone there but I can tell ya this great spot for bass and pike......good places are over by interstate 91 and over by the bridge where a small stream comes in that comes out of a sanctuary which is known in the spring to harbor spawning pike......

stripernut

Re: The Oxbow? Pics Added!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Went out Friday for a couple hours and my Nephew landed a smally pushing 3 lbs (photos to come), it was his biggest fish yet, a great trip!
Thanks trout stalker for the info, I was surprised at just how little (none) help I was offered... I am glad I am not like that.

My father with my nephew;

Finally picked up the camera from my sisters and got to post the pics!

BOULDERDASH

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Went out Friday for a couple hours and my Nephew landed a smally pushing 3 lbs (photos to come), it was his biggest fish yet, a great trip!
Thanks trout stalker for the info, I was surprised at just how little (none) help I was offered... I am glad I am not like that.
I know there a lot of  shanty guys who fish that spot but I don't think many come too this site .To bad for them because guys on this site especially  you. give out some great advice.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2013, 08:23 PM »
If I fished there I would have helped you out. I've never been but good to see some help.  I notice a lot of trollers on the site. a lot of reading not much posting
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2013, 08:45 PM »
I wish I could have provided help. I read most of the posts to see what is up but if I can't help I dont post.  Glad to see you got some fish. 
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Baitbucket

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Allan doesnt need any help!! He can catch fish anywhere lol

Seriously tho... We ice fished a lake we had never fished before for the NE gathering last winter, Allan had a Laker jigged up before most guys had their two traps in.. Including me, and we got there together.

Pretty sure ive seen him pull fish out of a puddle before too lol

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Thanks all for the kinds words... Other than spot burning, there is a lot of info that we can all share!

McJake

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2013, 09:42 AM »
I know there a lot of  shanty guys who fish that spot but I don't think many come too this site .To bad for them because guys on this site especially  you. give out some great advice.
x2 in bold.  Ice fished there once no fish.  Checked in on this post earlier and wished I had something to offer. 

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Often thought about going there myself. One of these days I'll try it. Y'all know I'll share info,that's just who I am and to hell with anyone that doesn't like it ;D

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

lavaman

« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2013, 05:08 AM »
wow im just reading this post now. i have never fished the oxbow but always wanted to. if i did fish it i would have shared it immediately after all the help you have given me. i am always amazed when someone replies to my call for help but usually its not many and im usually not expecting any. allan you are always sharing info and you are a great fisherman. 

Baitbucket

« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2013, 07:00 AM »
allan you are always sharing info and you are a great fisherman. 

Indeed he is.

I have learned more and caught more in the last couple years fishing with him than I accumulated all those years on my own prior.
He has given me advice on literally almost every piece of fishing gear I own today, Ice, fresh, and salt (flip over, flasher, fish finder,reels, rods, tackle..).
I see him do it time and time again to total strangers, and on forums to people he has never and most likely will never meet. All they have to do is ask.

And f you want to get on some fish hes a sure bet.

stripernut

« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Happy to help! You and Lavamen are great to fish with and I am glad to have you as fishing buddies!

I have always been happy to share info, to "Pass it On", I have been very luck to have fished with some great fishermen, who were happy to share what they have learned... I also love trying new things, new places, different fish, different techniques and fishing with new people, there is no better way to learn then that... The type of Guiding that I do, often pushes me to "Figure Out" what it will take  to put my clients on fish.

But in the end, like many here, it is the addiction to fishing, this illness (some see it as such), that drives many of us, to do the crazy things that we do, just to catch a fish.... And I would not have it any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stripernut

« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2013, 02:47 PM »
bump... New pics!

trout stalker

« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2013, 03:08 PM »
no problem on the info I don't mind sharing anything to help people catch fish........I am also on the shanty site I ice fish oxbow 3 - 5 times a year it can be explosive with pike action but theres days it can be a grave yard gets fished hard but with constant access to the ct river fish come in and out its all on the given day sweet smallie by the way

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.