FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Moose accident photo  (Read 3665 times)

taxid

Moose accident photo
« on: Dec 08, 2015, 06:19 AM »
Trying to place this photo. Think it occurred in Massachusetts. Maybe near Leominster?  Want to know if the driver survived. Anybody know?

I can find it on the Internet doing a Google search for moose accidents under images but no information.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Moose accident photo
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2015, 06:45 AM »
great photo,do you think she will pass her road test??
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

fishshack

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:15 AM »
great photo,do you think she will pass her road test??
RAT

She's not wearing her seatbelt.   :nono: Automatic fail. 

xjbob99

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:26 AM »
i found this
http://www.smokeshowingphotography.com/p236848669

looks like Leominster- 2006

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2015, 09:05 AM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2016, 04:38 PM »
 :o
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2016, 01:31 PM »
What's amazing is the increase in Moose and bears in Mass since I lived there way back in the late 60's and early 70's.  Never saw either or heard of any when I was a military dependent at the former Ft. Devens just east of Leominister. Went back on vaca back in the 90's and saw my first Moose crossing sign near Leominister!

Heck even Whitetail deer were scarce then too! At least I never saw any and nor did anyone I knew.

Now there are 850 to 950 Moose in Mass mostly in northern Worcestor County. And 4 to 5 thousand bears in the state!

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/fish-wildlife-plants/mammals/moose-in-mass-generic.html

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/fish-wildlife-plants/mammals/black-bear-faqs.html#bears-in-MA

Seems like a lot of animals for such a small state!

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:04 PM »
I have Moose and Black Bear in my yard at times in Northwestern CT.  I actually had the bear shred my garbage this morning...
I need a bear proof can but they are $$$!

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2016, 05:00 PM »
I have Moose and Black Bear in my yard at times in Northwestern CT.  I actually had the bear shred my garbage this morning...
I need a bear proof can but they are $$$!

Never have to worry about that where I live in Indiana although one did come down from Michigan last year near South Bend. They predict 25 or 30 in the state eventually but mostly in the southern part of the state.

Lots of Whitetail and more and more turkeys though!

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2016, 05:35 PM »
Its a pain. The bear(s) are very smart and rachet strapping to a tree lead to replacement can(s) being needed....if they want in they wont stop!

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Its a pain. The bear(s) are very smart and rachet strapping to a tree lead to replacement can(s) being needed....if they want in they wont stop!

I can imagine!

cornshark

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2016, 12:15 PM »
I remember seein it on the news it wash the dirty lem. The used the jaws of life to set it free, but ended up shooting it.
Perchus Slaversons

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.