FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: West Housatonic  (Read 3635 times)

taxid

Re: West Housatonic
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Honestly they move in and out - so there are a good amount of fish through out the whole river. But the c&r section is the furthest upstream you can fish. The area with the most fish consistently (IMO) is by the hatchery pipe. Smack in the middle of catch and keep. Hundreds of catchable trout in there at any given time.

That is awesome! Next time I make it to Mass I will have to check it out! 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

CMD1987

« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2020, 09:13 AM »
That is awesome! Next time I make it to Mass I will have to check it out!

It’s a great fishery. Can get a bit crowded but there’s almost always somewhere nice to spread out if that’s your thing.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2020, 11:24 AM »
It’s a great fishery. Can get a bit crowded but there’s almost always somewhere nice to spread out if that’s your thing.

:thumbup_smilie:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2020, 06:14 PM »

The Farmington is kind of the same.  It gets busy but you can always find enough space if you are willing to fish new water.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2020, 08:33 PM »
So the Swift is not all catch and release?

Amazing how fish get tough to catch if they are caught and released a few times. Even brookies as dumb as they are can get tough to catch more than a couple of times especially big ones.

Would you go back to your neighbors watermelon patch if you got rock salt up your A$$?

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Apr 23, 2020, 06:54 AM »
Would you go back to your neighbors watermelon patch if you got rock salt up your A$$?

;D

taxid

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 11:36 AM »

Depends on how good the watermelon is and if I thought I could get away with it without being hit the second time!  :rotflol:

In all truth I have witnessed a few bass in one of my ponds when I practiced catch and release that just didn't learn. Not many though. I had one with a distinctive light patch on it that I caught twice in 10 minutes. Dumbest d**n thing I ever saw. I could go out and catch her again the next day! I guess there are low IQ. fish too?

Had a kid in high school that got hit in the butt with birdshot stealing watermelons. He carried a pillow to sit on wherever he went. I kid you not! Grumpy as hell too!

CMD1987

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Depends on how good the watermelon is and if I thought I could get away with it without being hit the second time!  :rotflol:

In all truth I have witnessed a few bass in one of my ponds when I practiced catch and release that just didn't learn. Not many though. I had one with a distinctive light patch on it that I caught twice in 10 minutes. Dumbest d**n thing I ever saw. I could go out and catch her again the next day! I guess there are low IQ. fish too?

Had a kid in high school that got hit in the butt with birdshot stealing watermelons. He carried a pillow to sit on wherever he went. I kid you not! Grumpy as hell too!

Good old fashioned attempted murder.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 04:35 PM »

:rotflol: :rotflol:

taxid

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Good old fashioned attempted murder.

Around here it's "Served him right!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.