FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623834 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #360 on: Jul 10, 2011, 02:14 PM »
it's strange wondering if it is gonna work at all while you have it in the vise. then you get out there and tie it up and cast it and fish on!! words cannot describe the feeling. it's just great ;D ;D ;D  -olc
Best part is, it's always like that ;D

I was out today testing some "Mini Crayfish" today.

This pattern has some real potential.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #361 on: Jul 11, 2011, 03:48 PM »
lance  no  worrys   you  take  your  time  sir !!!!   between  you  and  KP  i  can  never  pay  you  2  back  for  all your  help  ....  besides   i don't  mind   the  electric  motor  or  canoe  or  kayak  ....i  do  have  to  much   stuff

lol  life  is  good   lance  i'll  be  out  this  wekk  my  friend   well  have  coffee   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #362 on: Jul 11, 2011, 05:45 PM »
lance  no  worrys   you  take  your  time  sir !!!!   between  you  and  KP  i  can  never  pay  you  2  back  for  all your  help  ....  besides   i don't  mind   the  electric  motor  or  canoe  or  kayak  ....i  do  have  to  much   stuff

lol  life  is  good   lance  i'll  be  out  this  wekk  my  friend   well  have  coffee   ;D
Let me know what day Trap, I'll meet you there! ;)--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #363 on: Jul 11, 2011, 11:54 PM »
Let me know what day Trap, I'll meet you there! ;)--KP

I'll have to make my coffee extra good for two great champs to honor me with a meeting.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #364 on: Jul 12, 2011, 12:18 AM »
I'll have to make my coffee extra good for two great champs to honor me with a meeting.
You better have them walk through the big overhead doors when they show up because after that lip service, their heads won't fit through your front door  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #365 on: Jul 12, 2011, 08:55 AM »
naaaa  gamma  were  use  to people  saying  were  great  fisherman ........  guess  you  wouldn't  understand
 ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #366 on: Jul 12, 2011, 10:03 AM »
naaaa  gamma  were  use  to people  saying  were  great  fisherman ........  guess  you  wouldn't  understand
 ;D
You've got the wool pulled over their eyes............................I fully understand ! ::) ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #367 on: Jul 12, 2011, 01:40 PM »
You better have them walk through the big overhead doors when they show up because after that lip service, their heads won't fit through your front door  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Why don't you meet us there, walk thru that door with us....WE'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS!!!! ;D--KP 8)

OTIS

« Reply #368 on: Jul 12, 2011, 02:11 PM »
So whens the Monster Garage Build-A-Boat / Fishing Equipment Liquidation happening? 8)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

KingPerch

« Reply #369 on: Jul 12, 2011, 02:25 PM »
So whens the Monster Garage Build-A-Boat / Fishing Equipment Liquidation happening? 8)
Gotta check and see what 'Ol GAMMA has to offer this week!! :whistling: :whistling: Wonder if he has any plastics.......... ;D--KP 8)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #370 on: Jul 12, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Why don't you meet us there, walk thru that door with us....WE'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS!!!! ;D--KP 8)
Back in 1980, a guy said that to a big group of people in Guyana and then said...let's celebrate with a big glass of Kool Aide  ::) ::) ::)

No thanks.  :whistling:
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #371 on: Jul 12, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Back in 1980, a guy said that to a big group of people in Guyana and then said...let's celebrate with a big glass of Kool Aide   ::) ::) ::)

No thanks.  :whistling:
I did hear that there was a bottle of Fireball hidden amongst those people in Guyana....and they broke it out after the Kool-Aide was all gone!! ;D

Gamma Fish

« Reply #372 on: Jul 12, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Just waiting until the 4th of July holiday dust settles and the fatigue that the Blues fest parties goes away. :whistling: :whistling:
  Trying to get things organized this week so it won't be too much longer ! ;)

Gotta check and see what 'Ol GAMMA has to offer this week!! :whistling: :whistling: Wonder if he has any plastics.......... ;D--KP 8)
I'ver got plastics........but, they only go to people who don't put bait on them ! ::) ::) ;D ;D
I'd have a lot more if someone returned them  >:( :-X
Plastics are Fantastic !

Dark Cloud

« Reply #373 on: Jul 12, 2011, 04:29 PM »

Also known as the Fred G Sanford Junk Sale... And yes the "G" stands for Gamma...  :whistling:
Actually I did a quick search and found some info on "Sanford". Heres a few snippets of what I found...
I thought the red highlighted parts are applicable also.  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred G. Sanford (born January 21, 1908)[citation needed] was the name of a fictional character portrayed by actor/comedian Redd Foxx on the 1972-1977 NBC sitcom Sanford and Son.[1]

Foxx, whose real name was John Elroy Sanford, modeled the character after his real-life brother, whose name was also Fred Sanford. The character Fred is an elderly, widowed, sarcastic, and cantankerous junk dealer. He is the proprietor of "Sanford and Son" a junk and antique dealership which he ran out of his home, along with his son Lamont
When asked over the phone for his name, he frequently responds, "Fred Sanford. S-A-N-F-O-R-D period," or, "Fred G. Sanford. The 'G' is for...", with "G" standing for a word applicable to the situation. Some instances have included "gonna cry", "genius", "gee", "grandpa", and "gompergoo". It is never revealed what the "G" actually stands for in his name. Another trademark involves Fred becoming riled by somebody, assuming a fight stance, and wildly swinging his fists in multiple directions; often he would pose the question, "How would you like one across yo' lip?" or, with fist raised, "How would you like one of these where you sneeze?". He also frequently attempts to avoid any kind of labor, especially when asked by Lamont, by referring to his arthritis (which he pronounced "arthur-itis") while holding up a deliberately gnarled fist. Another recurring joke is his poor vision; whenever he gets ready to make a phone call, he opens a drawer under the phone and pulls out several pairs of glasses (to help him see the phone dial) and tries each one on. The pair he picks usually doesn't improve his vision, anyway. He also often kept valuables or stashes of cash in a secret drawer in that same chest of drawers. The secret drawer would open after a series of knocks on the dresser and sometimes accompanied by foot stamps on the floor.
Fred G. Sanford was born in St. Louis, Missouri on January 21, 1908. In 1946, he, his wife Elizabeth Winfield[3] and their oldest son Lamont (Demond Wilson) moved to the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles. Fred was left with the responsibility of rearing Lamont alone after his wife suddenly died. Lamont dropped out of high school, subsequently joining his father in the junk business.

Fred is portrayedirritable and wanting everything done his way. He is known for grouchy disposition, his bad cooking, and his innumerable delusions of grandeur. as being  He is bow-legged and walks with an affected stagger, presumably brought on by arthritis. Fred never gives much credit to his son Lamont, believing him to be gullible and unintelligent. He most often refers to Lamont as a "big dummy". Unhappy about his calling as a junk man, Lamont accepts his plight more for the love of his father than the junk business itself. Fred often involves himself in various get-rich-quick schemes, and as such, Lamont has to keep constant watch over his father. When Lamont would express an interest in having a life for himself, Fred would try to convince him of the importance of running the family business (which he referred to as "the empire") after he is gone. Fred often feigned illness in attempt to guilt his son into staying home and taking care of him whenever Lamont had plans to go out. Similarly, Fred often ruined Lamont's efforts to have a quiet romantic night at home with a lady companion (at one point, Fred repeatedly interrupted Lamont's amorous efforts so often that the young lady ended up sneaking away while Fred and Lamont argued loudly in the kitchen).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may have to make a trip north for this Big Sale...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Gamma Fish

« Reply #374 on: Jul 12, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Also known as the Fred G Sanford Junk Sale... And yes the "G" stands for Gamma...  :whistling:
Actually I did a quick search and found some info on "Sanford". Heres a few snippets of what I found...
I thought the red highlighted parts are applicable also.  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred G. Sanford (born January 21, 1908)[citation needed] was the name of a fictional character portrayed by actor/comedian Redd Foxx on the 1972-1977 NBC sitcom Sanford and Son.[1]

Foxx, whose real name was John Elroy Sanford, modeled the character after his real-life brother, whose name was also Fred Sanford. The character Fred is an elderly, widowed, sarcastic, and cantankerous junk dealer. He is the proprietor of "Sanford and Son" a junk and antique dealership which he ran out of his home, along with his son Lamont
When asked over the phone for his name, he frequently responds, "Fred Sanford. S-A-N-F-O-R-D period," or, "Fred G. Sanford. The 'G' is for...", with "G" standing for a word applicable to the situation. Some instances have included "gonna cry", "genius", "gee", "grandpa", and "gompergoo". It is never revealed what the "G" actually stands for in his name. Another trademark involves Fred becoming riled by somebody, assuming a fight stance, and wildly swinging his fists in multiple directions; often he would pose the question, "How would you like one across yo' lip?" or, with fist raised, "How would you like one of these where you sneeze?". He also frequently attempts to avoid any kind of labor, especially when asked by Lamont, by referring to his arthritis (which he pronounced "arthur-itis") while holding up a deliberately gnarled fist. Another recurring joke is his poor vision; whenever he gets ready to make a phone call, he opens a drawer under the phone and pulls out several pairs of glasses (to help him see the phone dial) and tries each one on. The pair he picks usually doesn't improve his vision, anyway. He also often kept valuables or stashes of cash in a secret drawer in that same chest of drawers. The secret drawer would open after a series of knocks on the dresser and sometimes accompanied by foot stamps on the floor.
Fred G. Sanford was born in St. Louis, Missouri on January 21, 1908. In 1946, he, his wife Elizabeth Winfield[3] and their oldest son Lamont (Demond Wilson) moved to the Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles. Fred was left with the responsibility of rearing Lamont alone after his wife suddenly died. Lamont dropped out of high school, subsequently joining his father in the junk business.

Fred is portrayedirritable and wanting everything done his way. He is known for grouchy disposition, his bad cooking, and his innumerable delusions of grandeur. as being  He is bow-legged and walks with an affected stagger, presumably brought on by arthritis. Fred never gives much credit to his son Lamont, believing him to be gullible and unintelligent. He most often refers to Lamont as a "big dummy". Unhappy about his calling as a junk man, Lamont accepts his plight more for the love of his father than the junk business itself. Fred often involves himself in various get-rich-quick schemes, and as such, Lamont has to keep constant watch over his father. When Lamont would express an interest in having a life for himself, Fred would try to convince him of the importance of running the family business (which he referred to as "the empire") after he is gone. Fred often feigned illness in attempt to guilt his son into staying home and taking care of him whenever Lamont had plans to go out. Similarly, Fred often ruined Lamont's efforts to have a quiet romantic night at home with a lady companion (at one point, Fred repeatedly interrupted Lamont's amorous efforts so often that the young lady ended up sneaking away while Fred and Lamont argued loudly in the kitchen).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may have to make a trip north for this Big Sale...
Come up the day before and help me set everything up !   I'm old and semi blind  ;D ;D ;D
  You'll pay for that one pal ! :evil: :evil: :angel: :angel: :w00t: :whistling: ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.