FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623876 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #450 on: Aug 01, 2011, 04:49 PM »
MMMMMmmmm!
Turkey burger on toasted Chibatta with sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, Walla Walla onion, mayo and goat cheese....with a nice dish of fresh tomatoes and cukes in Greek vinaigrette.

Dang that was good :w00t:

Gander in Henrietta has a reasonable selection of materials thanks to Pete when he worked there. Hackle prices are staying up there for the real premium stuff. There's alternatives if you don't tie too many dries.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #451 on: Aug 01, 2011, 06:47 PM »
rg  what  gander  do  you  go  too  the  one  in  cicero  has  a  bad  flyfishing  section!  ...

i  did   some  buggers   up  with  eyes   ,  not  sure  if  it  helps catch  fish   but  it  sure   makes  me  feel  good :laugh:
Yes the gander there barely has anything!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

eyedoktr

« Reply #452 on: Aug 01, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Gander in Henrietta has a reasonable selection of materials thanks to Pete when he worked there. Hackle prices are staying up there for the real premium stuff. There's alternatives if you don't tie too many dries.

RG

Thanks for the compliment Bob. When I left in January, there was a very good selection of fly tying materials compared to most stores. Glad to hear they've kept up with the demand.
Pete Lewis

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #453 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:19 AM »
When I was there yesterday at 1:45pm there were 2 other guys pawing through the materials with me. I haven't gone there yet that there wasn't another customer buying materials. Maybe someone else saw a bit of light too Pete. Anyway, thanks.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

one last cast

« Reply #454 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:54 PM »
i went to the gander in watertown on my way back from camp up in canada, was nowhere impressed! since ive gotten into tying bass pro in auburn(mike) has been very helpful the past couple of times to the store and stuff i have ordered from them i havn't had any problems. yes RGFIXIT, you are to blame also for my new addiction and feeding it!!!! hahaha. the smallies liked my woollies(coned better) nothing bigger that 15" but they were caught in great numbers. ;D
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #455 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:07 PM »
rg    now   this  is  good  !!!!  passing  it  on! 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #456 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Tie some of these!

Same as a wooly bugger with a turkey slip tied over the back.

You can use chenille for the body if you want. I dubbed mine with olive natural fur. It seems important to dub a head and brush it back for a buggy look. If you need more, I can do a step by step for you. Always happy to help someone discover this great hobby.
RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #457 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:11 PM »
It's self serving Trap. I may need these guys to tie for me when my eyes get too old to tie ;D

Just greasing the wheels.
RG

one last cast

« Reply #458 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:30 PM »
rg, i started to drool after i saw your latest creation ;D i've been just trying differnt things to see how it is done, kinda trial and error. may not be the right way of tying a fly but i have caught fish with almost everything i have tied this far.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #459 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:33 PM »
PM sent.

one last cast

« Reply #460 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:40 PM »
when i was headed up north on rt81 passing over the salmon river(7/23) there were a few people i could see flyfishing was it rgfixit or kingperch or anyone else from the site?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #461 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:41 PM »
one  last  cast   now   RG  is   tying  quilty   but   you  can   google a  pattern  and  lots   of  time   theres a  u  tube   video  on  how  to   ty  it  .....  of  course   me  and  RG  never  have  to   cheat  like  that  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #462 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:42 PM »
I was up visiting KP and KPjr the week of the 4th. Haven't been back since. I'd like to hit it  again before the madness starts.

RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #463 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:46 PM »
You're funny Trap.I have so many fly tying sites in my favorites I can barely find the sites where I'm supposed to pay my bills :-\

Sorry I missed you in Fulton today. Ate my lunch at the lake on the way home. Nice breeze blowing right in the truck window. I'll catch up with you yet.

RG

one last cast

« Reply #464 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:50 PM »
one  last  cast   now   RG  is   tying  quilty   but   you  can   google a  pattern  and  lots   of  time   theres a  u  tube   video  on  how  to   ty  it  .....  of  course   me  and  RG  never  have  to   cheat  like  that  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
i'm not gonna lie i have used this method  ::) it's funny to see how many people wanna be youtube flymasters ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.