FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623819 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #795 on: Nov 17, 2011, 04:47 AM »
today  i  have  moved  the  feathers  and fur  over  and  working on something  totally  different  .....  i  got  the  idea  from   watching  clips  on u tube  and  i'm having  fun  ...  i wanted  to share  this  and  if  anyone  wants a  templete  your  more then welcome  ... this  is a  grandpa and  grand  daughter  joint  project!  were going to make  a  couple  for  jigging  and  5  for  tip  downs !

our prototype

no  RG i'm not  going  to use  bambo  blanks  like  the  orginal  but  fiberglass  ones  from net craft  ...i  know  it  should  be  in ice  shanty  but were  going  to   tie a  green hornet  fly too!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #796 on: Nov 17, 2011, 05:39 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_6eZ6NcEq8 was this you're insperation  ::) ::)

KingPerch

« Reply #798 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:07 PM »
today  i  have  moved  the  feathers  and fur  over  and  working on something  totally  different  .....  i  got  the  idea  from   watching  clips  on u tube  and  i'm having  fun  ...  i wanted  to share  this  and  if  anyone  wants a  templete  your  more then welcome  ... this  is a  grandpa and  grand  daughter  joint  project!  were going to make  a  couple  for  jigging  and  5  for  tip  downs !

our prototype

no  RG i'm not  going  to use  bambo  blanks  like  the  orginal  but  fiberglass  ones  from net craft  ...i  know  it  should  be  in ice  shanty  but were  going  to   tie a  green hornet  fly too!
I gotta kick outta that duck handle trap!! Kinda looks like the one in GRUMPY OL' MEN!! ;)--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #799 on: Nov 18, 2011, 02:25 AM »
I've got some bamboo tips set aside Trap. I was thinking about a couple of wall hangers ;D

Fun stuff.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #800 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:39 AM »
oh  no  RG  i  have  a  little  girl  that  says  this  is  better  then  her  barbie  pole!  so  were  fishing  with  them    (couple  bamboo  wall hangers  would  be  nice)  ;D.............

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #801 on: Nov 18, 2011, 05:57 AM »
This is the one I made for myself.... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #802 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:27 PM »
to  funny  :D

KingPerch

« Reply #803 on: Nov 19, 2011, 08:45 AM »
Speaking of Grumpy Ol' Men....I had the pleasure to join RG and his gang for breakfast one morning this past week!! Good bunch of 'Ol Buzzards and great company!! Thanks for breakfast my friend! ;)--KP :)

Thanks for the perch flies as well!! ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #804 on: Nov 19, 2011, 08:52 AM »
You'd fit right in with that bunch KP. We had a full house this morning. All 12 of us were there. What a hoot ;D

We'll have to drill some holes in the ice this winter. I'm on vacation Christmas/New Year week :whistling:

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #805 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:08 AM »
We will certainly make a date for that week!! Maybe bring along a few of your gang!! Josh would get a kick outta them! ;)

Life is Good!--KP :)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #806 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:23 AM »
The Old Man (he was off deer hunting)  and his son (provider of venison sausage) are the only 2 fishermen in the bunch. But I'm game!

RG

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #807 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Finally got around to taking a couple photos this morning...with all the talk about spey fishing on the SR bs thread thought it would be a good time to put up some pictures. These flies have seen a lot of use this season...and some of them were actually still wet from yesterday so the pictures could have been better but here they are.

OTIS

« Reply #808 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:28 AM »
Cool!  Those are some WILD looking flies!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #809 on: Nov 22, 2011, 01:46 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.