FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623710 times)

bcons

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #855 on: Dec 03, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Sweet FH woulda thunk you were such an artist
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #856 on: Dec 03, 2011, 07:18 PM »
love doin flies & jigs on the vise, the jigs I tied this spring and summer where bangin!!  A few I down scaled and use for chromers and browns
EAT, SLEEP, FISH, REPEAT.. I FISH THEREFORE I AM!!  In search of Hedy Mogin steelhead & Browns from Black River west to Ohio catch and realease!! Always lookin for panfish for the freezer!!  Take a kid fishing, it will make him smile and you proud your passing on a great sport!!!!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #857 on: Dec 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »
love doin flies & jigs on the vise, the jigs I tied this spring and summer where bangin!!  A few I down scaled and use for chromers and browns
you make some amazing jigs dude. the ones you made me i used all over the soft water season and caught countless numbers of fish. i dont need gander mountain now do i ;D

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #858 on: Dec 03, 2011, 07:31 PM »
fishheads  jigs  are   gill  killers  and   crappie  candy  ...oh  yeah  ,i  think  it   would  be  hard  to  top  his   jigs 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #859 on: Dec 10, 2011, 03:43 AM »
after the  crazy  time  we  have  had  on  the  cohos  by  snaggers  and  the  fact  that  he  even poped  a  few  in  the  main  river  ....  i  been  working  on a  few   streamers  to  toss  in  the  river   muddlers   and a  few  mickey  finns  ...  snagger  noticed  the  boats  pounding  steel  on  the  plugs  so  well  give  it  a  shot ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #860 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Well,
 The weather sucks for perch fishing. The wind just won't give me a break.

I guess it's time to get back to the bench, put up my summer fly gear, set up the ice reels and stuff, work up the renovations to the Commando, etc...etc...etc.

Looks as though KP jr will have to give me some Steelhead lessons over Christmas vacation  ;D What should I work up for flies JR.?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #861 on: Dec 11, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Well,
 The weather sucks for perch fishing. The wind just won't give me a break.

I guess it's time to get back to the bench, put up my summer fly gear, set up the ice reels and stuff, work up the renovations to the Commando, etc...etc...etc.

Looks as though KP jr will have to give me some Steelhead lessons over Christmas vacation  ;D What should I work up for flies JR.?

RG

Mhmm for flies i have made a couple custom flies... The egg sucking"Mickey Finn", some estez eggs that look like there melting, plain estez eggs and a couple streamer patterns I have been working on!Oh yes I've been a busy man
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #862 on: Dec 11, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Good stuff bud!

You gonna share with an "Old Fart"?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #863 on: Dec 11, 2011, 05:44 PM »
or  2  old  farts   ;D

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #864 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:34 PM »
or  2  old  farts   ;D
Yes I will share after all you guys share alot with me so its time I returned the favor!Looks like I gotta get tying!
Red Sox!

trapper2000

« Reply #865 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:39 PM »
you  bet  you   better   buddy   ...now  flies  i  been  doing  good  with  are   caddis  nymphs   tied  in  diamond   braid !   chart  peril  and  hot  pink!

black  stone  flies  and  black  hares  ears

the  usual  egg  patterens   ....  chart  ...cream ....  and  clown  ....  glo  bug  and  estaz 

.......  take  your  time   little  bro  and  ty  in  some  magic ;D

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #866 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Ill stick to my "specialties!" Well off to the bench I go!
Red Sox!

trapper2000

« Reply #867 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:10 PM »
forgive  the  pictures  there  off  my  cell  phone  but  they'll  give  you  a  idea  ....

first  is  my  glitter  caddis  nymph 

the  colors  are  totally  up  to  you  on  these    ...  body  is  flat  diamond  braid   in  this  case   chartreuse  ...the  wing  is  a  small  pinch  of slf prism  dubbing  ...pearl  ....the  head    again is  slf  prism  dubbing  this  time  peacock!  i  tied  this  fly  in a  wide  range  of  colors  and  it's  been  working  very  well 

next  fly  is   a  estaz  glu  bug  hybrid  and  i  good  all  round  steelie  patteren

again  colors  are  up  to  you

i  started   with  a  half  size   inch  of  glo  bug  yarn    and   ty  and  clip  in  basic  egg  shape   then  ahead  of  that  a  few  whips  of  estaz    in  this  fly i  used  a  orange  yarn  and  pearl  estaz 

very  basic  and  easy   patterens  to  tie   ...have  fun  ;D

KingPerch Jr.

« Reply #868 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:03 PM »
forgive  the  pictures  there  off  my  cell  phone  but  they'll  give  you  a  idea  ....

first  is  my  glitter  caddis  nymph 

the  colors  are  totally  up  to  you  on  these    ...  body  is  flat  diamond  braid   in  this  case   chartreuse  ...the  wing  is  a  small  pinch  of slf prism  dubbing  ...pearl  ....the  head    again is  slf  prism  dubbing  this  time  peacock!  i  tied  this  fly  in a  wide  range  of  colors  and  it's  been  working  very  well 

next  fly  is   a  estaz  glu  bug  hybrid  and  i  good  all  round  steelie  patteren

again  colors  are  up  to  you

i  started   with  a  half  size   inch  of  glo  bug  yarn    and   ty  and  clip  in  basic  egg  shape   then  ahead  of  that  a  few  whips  of  estaz    in  this  fly i  used  a  orange  yarn  and  pearl  estaz 

very  basic  and  easy   patterens  to  tie   ...have  fun  ;D
Dont worry I tfinished your goodies up last night!Now to work on Bob's!
Red Sox!

KingPerch

« Reply #869 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Jr. has been busy at the bench guys!! Things are looking great with what He is tying for you two!! ;) Gotta love him!! He has quite the imagination!!  :) Getting better everyday! Now, that I have one project wrapping up on Thursday, I'll spend more time with him at the bench!! Titelines Friends!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!

KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.