FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623653 times)

Bluegillonafly

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1365 on: Mar 09, 2013, 04:49 PM »
RG....Love the micro-lite spinning rod.   A few questions - what type of guides did you use?  Did you use the New Guide Concept System? Also, is the handle pre-formed or did you make it?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1366 on: Mar 09, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Thanks.  I had the 2wt out in the yard for a while today. It casts like a dream with a DT3F line. Man it felt great to fling a line.

The spinning rod has Fuji Alconite New Concept guides. The grip is a Fuji kit.  I've made grips...messy business that. I'll have the spinner with me tomorrow on a Gill hunt  ;D

For the first 2 rods off the new power wrapper, I'm happy!

I can steer you towards the blanks If you're so inclined.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1367 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:15 PM »
RG  i  have  a  pattern  of  my  own  to  tie  the  most  realistic  tent  cattapiller  you  ever  seen!  and   the  gills  and  bass  love  it  i'll post  a  few  pictures
                                                                                     life  is  good  again  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Bartman44

« Reply #1368 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:43 PM »
Nice patterns RG  :clapping:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1369 on: Mar 10, 2013, 03:15 AM »
Hey...someone tipped Trapper's rock over again. ;D Welcome back.

I'd love to see some pics Trap! Any one else tying?
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

kc

« Reply #1370 on: Mar 10, 2013, 10:06 AM »
Now that ice season is about over , I thought I would share this simple pattern I just started using.
Number 10 hook, gray thread and the smallest gray hackle I have. Just wrap the hackle on the hook, that's it.
 The perch love it with a spike on it. I fish it dropper style above a swedish pimple.

same fly different color background.
kc

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1371 on: Mar 10, 2013, 02:03 PM »
RG....Pacific Bay blank?  I see Cabelas has a PB 2 wt. 6'6" bland at a reasonable price.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1372 on: Mar 10, 2013, 04:42 PM »
PM sent.

Guys, please resize your pictures to something around 480 x 600 before posting.

RG

kc

« Reply #1373 on: Mar 10, 2013, 05:38 PM »
my bad.
 better?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1374 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:36 PM »
with  open water  coming  i'm  basicly  checking  boxes  to  make  sure  i  have a  good  supply  of  the  reliables  ready
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1375 on: Mar 11, 2013, 04:05 PM »
my bad.
 better?
Yup, Thanks!

Hey Ernye...re-size your pictures please  ;D

I came home to find my order from Jann's arrived :clapping:

A full selection of Ultra Chenille  and a fine looking Keogh Dunn cape. Lots of fine flies waitin' in that there cape.

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #1376 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:03 PM »
As I was looking in the freezer over the weekend...I noticed a bag in the back...(hidden from the wife months ago..cough...), I found some tying materials that were saved for RG, and forgot they were there! Well, they are on the way my friend! Good thing Julie (bride) never found them!! ;D   Trout season isn't too far away, Jr. and I had better get to the bench!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1377 on: Mar 12, 2013, 01:57 AM »
KP, you know it'll come back to you as flies ;D

Another 20 years or so and she'll be immune to the little boxes that show up at the door on a frequent basis. For years I've been telling my Bride that I'm buying all my stuff while I'm still working so I won't have to spend money on it after I retire. She humors me :-\

I gave up trying to hide stuff . She's way more clever than me. Of all the luck I've had in life, finding her was the luckiest thing ever.

(She was reading over my shoulder :evil: )

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #1378 on: Mar 12, 2013, 06:41 PM »
KP, you know it'll come back to you as flies ;D

Another 20 years or so and she'll be immune to the little boxes that show up at the door on a frequent basis. For years I've been telling my Bride that I'm buying all my stuff while I'm still working so I won't have to spend money on it after I retire. She humors me :-\

I gave up trying to hide stuff . She's way more clever than me. Of all the luck I've had in life, finding her was the luckiest thing ever.

(She was reading over my shoulder :evil: )

RG
Kinda what I was hoping for!! ;D Looks as though someones trying to score points here..... :whistling: ;D I only hide the critters...just imagine what hell I would catch if she found 'Ol "Scrat" hanging in the freezer!! :cursing: Life is good!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

afwrestler1986

« Reply #1379 on: Mar 14, 2013, 07:56 PM »
lots of really nice flies here. I have dabbled with tying flies for a while now, nothing spectacular, woolly buggers and jigs and the like. And it wasn't until this week that I realized just how complicated this really can be. I really need to buy more materials. I did concoct my own grasshopper pattern with the few things I did have. needs a bit more refining, but that will come with practice I suppose. Here are some pictures of my hack jobs. Since I didn't have any black marabou handy, I used black rabbit strips instead on the woolly buggers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.