FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 7/31-8/1 NEK  (Read 2401 times)

jf5

7/31-8/1 NEK
« on: Aug 02, 2004, 11:40 AM »
7/31

Fished the Missisquoi River in Westfield, VT at 2 locations Saturday afternoon, 2-6pm. It was very hot and muggy with temps in the high 70's, but the overcast skies and rain made fo decent conditions. Levels where good and the water was cold. The first location had some good runs and pools, but ended up being a bust. The second location, right near the Lowell/Westfield line was very good. Many twist and turns in the river here creating lots of decent holding spots for trout. The brown trout didn't really cooperate, as I only hooked one small one that I lost. But I did get two nice native brookies on the spinner. They where 10 & almost 12 inches long. Left the fishing early to go to Kingdomfest V to cook some london broil, drink beer, and chill out to some music.

8/1

After some breakfast we headed south to fish the Connecticut River. We stopped at McIndoe Falls power station to fish out the afternoon heat from 2-5pm. The sun was blazing with the temps over 80, but the powerstaion was pumping cold water and the fish where hitting. Lost one nice smallmouth bass about 16" right away, later catching a few midget ones. I also got a 16" fallfish, and three rainbow trout. Two of the rainbows where nice fish in that 15inch range, with the third being a small 8" fish. Saw a mink in the water. Also got to see a pair of ospreys fly over. One dropped down to the water and grabbed a fish right in front of us!!

We left McIndoe to fish the CT river again, this time at Wells River. I got there at 5:30, and fished until 8:40 pm. Landed four walleyes 14-17" long. Got 3 off them on free lined crawlers, and the other on my Thomas EP spinner tipped with a half crawler. The walleye bite ran from about 5:30-7:30, with no hits after that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.