FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish in the Saint Albans area?  (Read 2081 times)

Fish Whistler

Panfish in the Saint Albans area?
« on: Aug 24, 2004, 10:32 PM »
I'm heading up to visit some friends in the Saint Albans area this weekend.  I'd like to take their 4 year old out and get him into his first fish.  I usually come over the mountain road and stay on 108 to Bakersfield and I'm pretty sure I could find brookies anywhere in that area, but I don't think 'Mom' is going to approve of keeping any fish and brookies tend to survive release only with a minimal amount of handling and an experienced set to prevent them from really sucking the hook down.   So...  I'm hoping to find something a little hardier like Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, or Rock Bass.   Sorry about the ramble.....

My question is:  Could someone familiar with the area point me to a setback on Saint Albans Bay, some old bridge pilons, a spawning area, a promising boat launch?  Does anyone know anything about Fairfield Pond?  How about a small pond not in my gazetteer full of stunted pumpkinseed?

Thanks,
P.

jf5

Re: Panfish in the Saint Albans area?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2004, 12:43 PM »
I assume that you are shore bound.  You can fish from shore and catch decent amount of Yellow Perch at the Sandbar Causewat on Champ or any of the shoreline camps or beaches just outside of Burlington.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.