FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Portable Tranducer Bracket?  (Read 9486 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Portable Tranducer Bracket?
« on: Apr 30, 2013, 07:41 AM »
I recently purchased a Sully Portable Tranducer Bracket, instructions are not clear? I was wondering if anyone had information/pics? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

jrelaxin

Re: Portable Tranducer Bracket?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2013, 07:55 AM »
Used one for years on my 14 ft boat...I rearranged top bracket to attach to the stern by my motor and built a wooden box that mounted on the seat for my display and put battery on the floor.........hope that helps.
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

bart

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2013, 09:51 AM »
jrelaxin, thanks. I was going to attach it on the side of the boat, but was wondering how to position the tranducer arm? The flat thing on the bottom of the tranducer arm , that holds the tranducer, which side faces the bow? I was also going to hook it up to the trolling battery? I too am putting it on a 14' boat.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

jrelaxin

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Flatside against the boat and transducer bracket attachs in those grooves sliding bolts into it and tightening..good luck
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

bart

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Here's a pic. Everything is not all adjusted or tight, just basically what I came up with following the instructions? Any comments, suggestions...

FWCanoeFisher

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2013, 03:17 PM »
That looks like it'll work JUUUUUUUST fine!  You're free of any obstructions that will return phantom signals.  The only concern may be that the flat face will create enough drag in the water.  It may be better to mount it on the transom so it's not out in its own space.

MoreTroutPls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I have a similar unit that is mounted on the transom.  That would be my choice for a mount location. 

You need to secure the cable to the mount or else the water force on the cable will eventually weaken the cable where it enters the transducer.  Cable clamps, zip ties or electrical tape would work.

It looks like the transducer is very close beside and below the top of the trailer fender.  If your boat goes on the trailer slightly off center, the transducer could strike the fender and be damaged.  I'd move it a few inches towards the transom so that even when the boat is fully on the trailer, it cannot reach the fender.

Everyone believes in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.