FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Bass Crank 2  (Read 2234 times)

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
Best Bass Crank 2
« on: Mar 20, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Stealing this topic from last summer. I want to get a little more in-depth with it though. I'm not much for throwing cranks, though they do have there place and I do use them.

I want to know when a crankbait is your go-to lure, what is the primary structure (or lack of) that you fish with it, and how you fish it. And I'd guess it'd benifit me to know what your thowing (lipless, color, ect.)

For me, I'll use a 2" rattlin rapala in orange crawdad or 3" black & silver husky jerks in the spring to catch fish when they have the prespawn feedbag on and are laying in 3-5 fow. 6'6" or longer med-light action rod, with 6lb or lighter. No real structure to speak of, but I do focus on the North end of the Lake and fish areas with extensive summer weedgrowth and areas with soft dark bottoms. Warm water inflows (creeks, land drain) and the West side of the lake in the morning, East in the evening are good areas for me as well.

Amorica

• In search of the 10 pound Bass.......
Re: Best Bass Crank 2
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2006, 01:57 PM »
DT 6 Rapala, grey and white in 4ft of water bangin off rocks at the top of a drop off.
weeds, gotta love em.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Great question.

1) Manns -1 Baby in shallow water, I use them in rocky flats in a craw colour

2) Rapala Countdown Minnow...Personal fav is the perch colour. I usuyally line up with a drop off and fire it along the edge..counterdown to the fish

3) Rapala DT series..for weedbed edgers, just trace a nice outline slow or fast with these fatboys

4) Rebel Crickhopper & Bumblebugs..I use these over top of a weedbed that gives me 1-3 feet of play below the water...short cranks bringing them down to the top of the weeds, then let it float back up, pause and pop it a little then repeat

I picked up some of Rapalas new lipless cranks the "twitchin rap" looks great

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Here are the cranks that I usually carry with me when heading out. As you can see I dont have a firm brand preferance.....there are Raps's, Norman's, Cotto Cordell, Heddon, Rebel, Yo-Zuri just to name a few. I like I make sure I have all situations covered so i carry various crank and lip sizes

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2006, 06:06 PM »
thats a nice bunch of lures
OR      [IMG]

tip-uptwo

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 07:36 AM »
No doubt about it the best bass crank of all time is the Manns 1minus.I have never been skunked getting this bait wet ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.