FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 'Fishing story'  (Read 1905 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
'Fishing story'
« on: Jul 20, 2005, 08:06 AM »
A funny story from a few years ago.

While fishing in Canada, I was in a boat with my cousin's son, Tom junior, and my cousin Tom was fishing with my dad.  It was the middle of a hot day, and Junior and I were navigating a small creek that connected two lakes, and after a break, I noticed a game trail crossing the creek, and being a hunter and in an inquisitive state, I decided to investigate.  Well, we walk about 50 yards, and sure enough, there are moose tracks in the sand, and a pile of droppings.  They look just like deer droppings, but are MUCH bigger.  In fact, I say to myself, they are about the size of Dunkin Donut donut holes.  Well, I send Junior back to the boat, and he returns with an empty sandwich bag, I grab 7 or 8, put them in the bag, and then I put them in the cooler.  Now, let me say, while I am larger than my cousin Tom, he can eat me under a table, and is always hungry.  So we go back out to the main lake, and we find my dad and cousin, and we make the normal small talk, how is the fishing, have ya seen any moose or bear, etc.  Then I mention how good the lunch was, and my cousin retorts, 'hell, it was the same as yesterday'.  And I ask, didn't you get any of the homemade donut holes??  Man they were awesome!  They answer no, so I say to Junior, hey, I think there are some left, and he digs in the cooler and pulls out the bag.  I hand it to my dad, and he throws it to my cousin.  My cousin's mouth is practically drooling all over him by now.  He goes and grabs one out, and he is just about to pop it in his mouth, when he pulls it away from his face, looks at it a little funny, then goes to put it in his mouth again.  At that point, he gets a whiff, and realizes what is going on.  Junior and I nearly sh*t ourselves laughing, and when my dad realized what was up, he joined in.  Cuz didn't think it was too funny at the time.  We tell the story practically everytime we get together now.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
Re: 'Fishing story'
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2005, 08:25 AM »
roflamo        thats a good one
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Nice!! roflmao

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2005, 03:54 PM »
ahahahaha thts a good one
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

reubenpa

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2005, 04:29 PM »
thats hilarious!!!  thanks for sharing ;D ;D :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :o
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Yuck to good. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2005, 07:33 AM »
you need a hungry fishing partner like TGF to join you!!!.... :rotflol:..great story...Grump

FishDaddy09

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Great story Crawdad! Too bad your cuz didn't take a bite, watching him spit it out would have been too funny!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2005, 01:50 PM »
 Now that's nasty but funny, good thing your cuz has a good sense of humor. Good story ol crawdad.
 You almost had your own version of Fear Factor there.
;D :laugh:

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

devil-man

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2005, 02:14 PM »
I would have loved to have seen that!!!
Can you send some this way?
I bet my brother-in-law would eat them.  :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com