FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "The Bobber With a Brain"  (Read 1527 times)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
"The Bobber With a Brain"
« on: Sep 28, 2005, 12:21 AM »
 While surfing the internet the other night, I came across an intersting advertisement for a bobber. It was Called "The Bobber With a Brain". It is a stationary bobber system. You thread your line through the bobber, add the appropiate weight to the end, tie you lure or bait at the desired depth off the bottom and cast out. Due to the bobber design it pulls you lure up off the bottom and in the strike zone of the fish, a slight twitch caused your bait to bounce up and down. I myself though it looked neat, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this bobber, and if they had great luck on it compared to conventional float / bobber systems?
:blink:

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Chucker

Re: "The Bobber With a Brain"
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2005, 05:26 AM »
I know there was a previous discussion on this, as I remember responding to it.  Try searching for "brain" - we know those can be lacking sometimes, so you shouldn't turn up too many hits  ;D

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Slip bobbers work great for me, no reason to buy a bobber with a brain, that probably weighs a pound anyways where a fish would have a hard time pulling it under.

Adjusting a slip bobber knot seems easy enough for me, when bait lays on bottom the bobber lays on its side, so you slide the knot down a little to get it slightly off the bottom.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2005, 03:28 PM »
I also recall a past post on this bobber and I think it had a.......beware of qimicks...tone to the post. As Crappie66 said, slip bobbers are relativly cheap and they work....

Eyehunter

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2005, 04:47 PM »
I know a guy who uses them and he loves em says he catchs alot more fish than he used to I personaly have not used them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.