FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Visiting Montana in June.  (Read 11603 times)

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
Re: Visiting Montana in June.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:21 AM »
Thanks.
Much to do and see in that area. The lodge should have all kinds of info for you. The bison range is in that area, Flathead lake and surrounding areas, lots of history also. Hope others will add more. Have a great time!

Ok guys and gals. he said he hopes others will add more ideas. So do I. We have three days in that area and then we head south to Ennis, Mt.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Jun 04, 2017, 09:33 AM »
Well, the countdown has begun. T-Minus 13 days and counting. we leave for Montana on June 17th. we will be staying in Billings on June 19th-20th. Then we will drive to Ninepipes Lodge in Post Creek, Mt and stay there June 20th-23rd. From there we drive to Ennis,Mt and stay one nite June 23rd-24th. I want to see Virginia, Mt & Nevada city,Mt. I have reserved some dirt to bring back home to pan for Garnets but I need a place to get dirt  for gold panning. Any info you guys can give me on stuff to see while at any of these locations will be appreciated. After our stay in Ennis, we head to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Thanks in advance for any info. If you have phone #'s of any of the places you can suggest, I would appreciate it.

HIMO

njoy

« Reply #17 on: Jun 04, 2017, 09:20 PM »
Somewhere around Virginia city, Nevada city, or Alder you should be able to find some dirt. Check the website of Virginia city may have some info. If heading to Yellowstone from Ennis stop at the Quake Lake information site, awesome what nature can do. East of Billings is the Custer Battlefield site if you are interested. I wish others would jump in with some ideas, but you will find plenty of things on the Montana website also. Good luck and have a great trip!!!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Thanks for the info. I will check out Virginia city and Nevada city. Thanks.

HIMO

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Leaving this Saturday, June 17th. will be in Billings on the 19th. Then on to Post Creek  just south of Glacier on the 20th. Ennis on the 23rd.

HIMO

d_smith84

« Reply #20 on: Jun 13, 2017, 08:45 PM »
Bannack State Park provides tubs filled each day from Grasshopper Creek, where 19th-century miners struck it rich. All the necessary equipment and tools are provided, and visitors receive brief instructions. Panning is free, and you may keep anything you find. In Virginia City, Montana, Alder Gulch Gold provides a similar experience for a nominal fee. Visitors are provided with a bucket of dirt.

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Jun 16, 2017, 05:10 AM »
Well, tomorrow we leave.  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: See ya in 14 days.

Don

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Jun 16, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Have a great trip mister..  Take lots of pictures....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wyogator

« Reply #23 on: Jun 17, 2017, 01:12 AM »
If you take highway 200 east of Missoula, I'm guessing about 30 miles, there is Garnett Ghost Town. There is another ghost town (Granite) in Phillipsburg. If you want to travel all the way to Virginia City, there is a really cool ghost town. Actually, they are all really cool ghost towns. As njoy mentioned, the bison range is really cool. There are also some hot springs around. If you are into hiking or mountain biking, there are numerous trails all around Missoula. If you are staying at Nine Pipes, check out Mission Falls. There is world class fly fishing on several nearby rivers. You can hire a guide and go whitewater rafting on Alberton gorge or the Lochsa River. And of course, there is Glacier, probably the most awesome national park I have been to. I hope you are bringing camping gear. Yellowstone is awesome too. Montana has many things to do and places to go. You won't find theme parks, and very few resorts. Most of this stuff is natural, and a lot of it has to be discovered. When you get to Missoula, go to Barnes and Noble on Reserve street and look in the Montana section for books and guides for things to do. The Falcon guide books are good. Good luck and have fun!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:10 AM »
well,our trip is in the books. what a great time. we went to the bison range and took the scenic route. one hell of a climb in a car but we got it done. we had a buffalo 1ft. front the front passenger door. my wife could hear it chewing. we also saw elk. we went to  Glacier. the going to the sun road was only partially opened due to a 70 ft deep snow drift 70 ft, can you imagine that?went to Phillipsburgh to the Sapphire gallery, the candy store with over 1200 different types of candy and to Nevada city and Virginia city. brought back 50 lb. of gold and Sapphire paydirt to pan at home. we went to yellowstone & grand Teton parks. we then hit Wyoming and South Dakota. thanks for all the help guys.

HIMO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.