MyFishFinder By Species > Eelpout

Show some pics of eelpout

<< < (2/4) > >>

fishermanjake:
At the UAF museum they had a one mounted...It was really well done...I just wish i knew who did it...i'd have them do all my fish mounts... good glaze and it was just handsome.  You would have to see it to beleive it.  very well painted... It looked alive and just like the ones i have been pulling up fresh out of the water and squirming.  Beautifull fish mount, better than many trout and salmon mounts i have seen.

Barleydog:
Jake,  The old boy who mounted it lives in North Pole, (or so I was told did all the UAF and Eielson museum mounts.)  He did most of the mounts around the area and charges tons for his work!  BUT he is really good!  Charlie ???, His shop is right off the Richardson HWY.  I took my buddy's father in law out last year, and he hooked and landed a 13.9 lb. char.  He's having Charlie mount it for well over $300 bills and a 16 month wait, (he's really backlogged.)  We're supposed to "critique" his mount next month.  Don't think we'll be dissapointed eh!  I'll post pictures once it's done.  -Barleydog

fishermanjake:
i think that mount would be worth it....but a 40+ inch burbot would shure ring up the cost

perchfisher:
ive heard that they taste great becuz they are part of the cod family

killitandgrillit:
Ugly is right on. Yes, they are cod. Here's my cleaning instuctions on Burbot. The name varies regionally. They are known by Burbot, eelpout, Ling cod, Shoepacks, Lota Lota, Lawyers...you get the idea. They are VERY good to eat. Enjoy the pics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version