FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514212 times)

taxid

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3645 on: Jul 05, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Yep, I stop to look at other peoples plants/gardens when I’m walking my dogs now. I up potted several of my raspberries into some grow bags yesterday, and I have a few more plants coming to me still.

:thumbup_smilie:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #3646 on: Jul 05, 2020, 02:20 PM »
That’s not including the 4 hot pepper plants, one grape tomato, two watermelon seedlings, or all the cuttings I’ve rooted. Now I plan on making a cover for the watermelons to keep them warmer towards the end of the season since I got a late start, and taking my peppers indoors for the winter. Let see how they like it under some LEDs that I had for my corals and planted tanks.
Also, I’ll need to trellis my watermelon with cattle fencing. I saw this video and had to try it

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #3647 on: Jul 05, 2020, 07:56 PM »
I was wondering how the trellis would support the watermellons!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3648 on: Jul 06, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Went tent camping for the holiday weekend and the tomato plants blew up in the heat!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3649 on: Jul 07, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Mine are going nutz as well.

At least they like the hot weather. Wish Mother Nature would supply some water though.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3650 on: Jul 07, 2020, 05:47 PM »

Just picked my first tomato and 8 cukes

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3651 on: Jul 07, 2020, 05:50 PM »
nice Fred.  I have been getting a few of both also....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #3652 on: Jul 07, 2020, 06:21 PM »

Nice 👍, my peppers are loaded but not gaining much in size , seem to be holding for the last week

gotagetm

« Reply #3653 on: Jul 07, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Just got done watering garden again a bit ago ,doing good though ( luckily I have old construction pumps to fill 250 gal tank from Creek down Rd) every thing looks great but I think next year gonna do raised beds

bootstrap

« Reply #3654 on: Jul 07, 2020, 08:55 PM »
raised beds dry out faster, soil gets warmer faster. good for early season crops. amend soil and mulch for dry conditions.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3655 on: Jul 08, 2020, 07:20 AM »
Water...water.....water. Been watering every morning. No real rain in sight. Maybe a few t-storms.....maybe.

But, stuff is growing like crazy. Tomatoes are coming on , pickles and cukes are happy, potatoes are really tall and the Norland Reds are starting to die off a bit. First pull of garlic is drying in the garage and smells great when I walk in there. The rest of it is still in the ground. Another 60 or so heads. I'm letting that go for another couple weeks to see if it makes a difference.

Japanese beetle traps are really doing their jobs. I've only found a few in my gardens on the potatoes and asparagus. The bags are already half full, but there doesn't seem as many as last year. Maybe the 6 full bags I killed reduced the population.

I can only hope.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3656 on: Jul 08, 2020, 11:21 AM »
I’ve been getting a stretch of cool partly cloudy to rainy days here in Maine. Just warmed back up to low/mid 80s today with more rain tonight and later in the week. Plus side to that is my newest plants that just arrived have been given some time deal with being shipped and transplanting without the stress of heat. I should also get some beetle traps, I’ve heard they are out and about in my area but I haven’t seen them yet. Although something has eaten up some leaves on one of my raspberries.

I think I have to admit I have a problem. I started the season thinking about just the plants I ordered from Stark’s, two varieties of black berries, white strawberries, and pink lemonade blueberry (all of which still haven’t shipped).  I also wanted a set from from the Bushels and Berries series of dwarf berries (blackberry, raspberry, blueberry). Now I have those 3 dwarf berries, white polarberry blackberry, 3 different yellow raspberries, a full sized thornless red raspberry, and a purple raspberry. Plus one strawberry plant (not the white yet) and it’s 4 runners, 3 different hot peppers, 2 yellow watermelons, and one grape tomato. Oh, and because I couldn’t leave well enough alone, whenever I do any pruning, I take the pieces and root them, habit from my closet growing days.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3657 on: Jul 08, 2020, 01:49 PM »
Ahhhh,,, the closet grow. Wish I knew then what I know now.......about gardening.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3658 on: Jul 08, 2020, 02:11 PM »
On another note, I've been trapping chipmunks and mice all day. 3 chippies, 2 mice and one vole. All were transported to new habitats. My Bride frowns when I shoot them. It's better when she's not frowning.

However...the stupid tree rat that's been digging holes all over my back garden is about to be ......well.....dead!
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3659 on: Jul 08, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Ahhhh,,, the closet grow. Wish I knew then what I know now.......about gardening.

Rg

Your a funny man...

::) ::) ::)

Seamonkey just curious what you are going to do with these potted plants come winter? I know you are going to bring in the peppers which is good. But look up what to do as far as watering and the amount of light.
 And the other ones , unless you have a plan I don't know about,  the roots are just going to freeze.  They need a  cooling period but not frozen roots.  Just saying...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.