FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512931 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3615 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Beans will be going in another  couple weeks when I pull the garlic. Along with more broccoli and Brussels sprouts.

I'm giving my garlic plenty of time this year. I've always harvested it at the end of June. I'm waiting till the middle of July this year. I've still got cloves from last season ...not preserved...and really good. Then there's the garlic I put up in Peanut oil for cooking.

Life isn't worth squat without garlic!!!!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3616 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:55 PM »
What part of the country are you located in Lowjack?

Don't need you're address.....just a general area.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3617 on: Jun 29, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Nice guys!
My garlic I let go until I start to see yellow leaves. I may then pull a test bulb to see what I have for size.

O

« Reply #3618 on: Jun 29, 2020, 07:58 PM »
Just read an interesting article in NY Times regarding when to harvest garlic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/realestate/grow-garlic-garden-organic.html?searchResultPosition=7

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3619 on: Jun 30, 2020, 03:16 AM »
Good article!
Mine will be at least another couple weeks. I've been tempted to dig up a bulb or two. May just do that today. Can't wait to roast a head or two on the Weber. I still have a dozen or so bulbs from last year's crop. Those will be chopped and dried for storage.

My seed comes from a local farm market that grows their own. In the fall they sell quart baskets of cloves for a few bucks. German Hardneck.....I've had great luck with this variety in my beds.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3620 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Nice Jack. The eggplant looked awesome..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

seamonkey84

« Reply #3621 on: Jun 30, 2020, 08:16 AM »
Thanks Raq.they been getting special care this year didn't have a good crop last year they have some serious unbelievable fertilizer I love to tell you what it is but some people might get mad
Get mad about what your using or mad that your spilling the secret? What are you using virgin blood or something?!? Lol. If I had an actual yard and garden, I’d be putting in a bunch of invasive fish I catch lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3622 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:26 AM »
Get mad about what your using or mad that your spilling the secret? What are you using virgin blood or something?!? Lol. If I had an actual yard and garden, I’d be putting in a bunch of invasive fish I catch lol.

Some of us old hippies dont like using chemical fertilizers at all.  All natural is better.  What did you "experiment" with and kill your plant? 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3623 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Got mums?   8)  Almost all on drippers.
And there's more..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3624 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Ha.  Nice.. ;D
 We use fish emulsion.....

seamonkey84

« Reply #3625 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:02 PM »
I'll show you the fertilizer it was an 18-minute fight it died at below 20 temperature hands were made 60 runs at a hundred + feet cuz that's where my spool Tangled Up every finger my hand was so cold and I wasn't giving in by the time it came up I had to lay in the snow and there's no way I was going to throw back down the hole without a picture with in like a minute it was bleeding out the sides of its body from stress so I brought home came walking out of 30 inches of powder what's going to get it mounted my Taxidermy Northeast Taxidermy no longer does skin mounts they've done a very few nice ones for me so getting a replica wish the fish could have went back down the hole it would have been dead no one would have ever saw it now it's underneath all my eggplants

Very nice! Yea those would be used as fertilizer here too, like I said about invasive species lol.
 Well I figured out what the problem was that killed my blueberry. I make wine/mead, so I use a food grade phosphoric acid based sanitizer (starsan).  I knew that diluting it further would make it a suitable fertilizer. Problem was, I mix my Starsan in a vinegar jug, but didn’t label it... well there was a jug that I though was old starsan, so I added more water to it and used it. Thought the smell I noticed when dumping was from my compost. Well turned out, it was actually vinegar. luckily I only used it on that one small plant! Also, I prob didn’t dilute enough anyway, as starsan has a ph below 3.5 when mixed for use. there was about two cups of “it” in the gallon I mixed. So I don’t know if that was too much of a ph swing or if plants just don’t like acetic acid.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3626 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:14 PM »
Oh, maybe a couple.... ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3627 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:42 PM »
2 or three maybe.....
 Pulled one of my garlic bulbs just to look.

Couple more weeks I'd say.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3628 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:53 PM »
I was gonna say a couple too  tree... 8)

Garlic looks good to me Bob...

gotagetm

« Reply #3629 on: Jun 30, 2020, 05:43 PM »
thanks rg its hot and only gonna get hotter your words are nice !!!!! keep that garden kicken! mines doing good wife working from home so big help on everything shes exspanding her flower garden and keeping everything watered ...nice !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.