FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514180 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3630 on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:31 PM »
My Bride isn't a gardener. She enjoys the flowers and such I plant. She leaves me to do my thing. It's worked for 49 years....can't beat that.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3631 on: Jul 01, 2020, 03:48 PM »
One big greenhouse still full of smaller and some bigger pots. .And a few hanging baskets..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3632 on: Jul 01, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Jack  here is an arial from about 10 years ago.
The end greenhouse with the three black dots is now twice as long..  This was taken in the fall and you can still see a lot of mums out in the mum field...

[/quote]
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #3633 on: Jul 01, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Rg my wife is a crazy flower gardener ,dug more of lawn up this week,I tilled so she could plant more , mine is veggies she doesn't do much with mine ,but ok flowers keep her busy , gonna water after I eat tonight food on grill

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3634 on: Jul 01, 2020, 06:18 PM »
We do love our flower gardens. Best part is that as time goes by I plant more perennials and there's less to do with the existing. Always something new to think about though.

I've converted to watering in the morning. But then, I have the time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3635 on: Jul 01, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Nice rg when I retire sometime I'll water in morning I'm up and out of house by 4:30 5 everyday but can't wait till I can water at that time ,just gave a good watering to garden, darn lil deer ate my leaves on brussel sprouts and broccoli lol little tiny hoof prints haha

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3636 on: Jul 01, 2020, 07:24 PM »

My wife's peanut plant is starting to bloom

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3637 on: Jul 01, 2020, 07:28 PM »

Blueberries are ripening nicely

Can't wait to dump these potatoes

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3638 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:33 AM »
I wish I lived closer to Dom. I hate buying flowers from Lowes and Walmart. The nurseries near by are pretty outrageous for what they sell.

My potatoes are starting to droop over. They're about 30" tall now. I've  cut back on watering them so they harden up before I start digging. Probably wait till the end of July to harvest. Then I'll get some beans, Brussels sprouts and maybe some carrots in those beds for fall.

Garlic is really close now. Next week I'd say.

Gotta wait till my resident bunny gets big enough that it can't get through the fence. There's a bunch of rabbits around this year. I might have to run some chicken wire or plastic fencing around the bottom 2' of the garden to keep them out. Makes me wish I still had my beagle. She would have had a lot of fun with them.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3639 on: Jul 03, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Got garlic???
Pulled half of mine this morning

Potatoes

Asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes and one hot pepper plant

Broccoli

Moved my bags to the herb garden. Tomatoes and bush pickles

The other half of the garlic. Gonna leave that a couple more weeks

Tomatoes and a slicer cuke

Radishes in the trough planter. Put some spinach in this morning as well.

My petunias with upside down tomatoes. The tomatoes have blossoms.

I turned over the empty garlic bed and plan to put in green beans and a couple Brussels sprouts after I amend it with compost.

The garlic smells fantastic. It'll dry there for a couple weeks then move to the garage rafters for a couple more.

I still have garlic from last year.....can't have too much garlic!

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3640 on: Jul 03, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Looks great Bob..  Your garlic is huge.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3641 on: Jul 03, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Some of it's really big Dom. Some is average...still nice! It'll be interesting to see if there's any advantage to leaving it in longer. Everything I read is different. No one seems to harvest the same. I'm going to be very selective about what I save for seed for next year.

Might try a few different varieties too.

Rg

taxid

« Reply #3642 on: Jul 03, 2020, 01:28 PM »
My two gardens:

One looking down from the deck of my home, which includes Sweet Corn, two varieties of tomatoes (not counting strawberry tomatoes that are on the deck in buckets), two varieties of peppers, red cabbage, Giant Cesar Lettuce, wax and bush beans, radishes, beets, spinach, leek, asparagus, and strawberries.

The other garden is red and white Kohlrabi, zucchini, and cucumbers.

My first year taking over and adding to the garden and I love it!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #3643 on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Garden's are addicting
Yep, I stop to look at other peoples plants/gardens when I’m walking my dogs now. I up potted several of my raspberries into some grow bags yesterday, and I have a few more plants coming to me still.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #3644 on: Jul 05, 2020, 02:05 PM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.