FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North Hoosic with a Friend  (Read 701 times)

bogtrotter

North Hoosic with a Friend
« on: Aug 27, 2023, 04:44 PM »
My buddy Bob M and I fished the North Hoosic in North Adams today, from the entrance of the Natural Marble Bridge State Park to below the Eclipse Mill dam, between 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.

It was a beautiful day - - sunny and pleasantly warm (70 to 75 degrees), with water levels slightly elevated from last night's rain, but not excessively so.

We didn't have any action until we got to the roll dam between the Beaver Mill and Eclipse Mill dams.  There, Bob (who was fly fishing) caught a 14" rainbow.

We kept heading downstream, and a little past Old Glory Rock, I hooked and landed a 16" rainbow.

Then, after we went around and below the Eclipse Mill dam, Bob reeled in another 15" rainbow, just below the dam.

When we reached the end of the North Branch (before it empties into the flood control chutes), we clambered up the river bank, walked back to our cars via the road, and drove to the "Treet Cleaners" spilling basin on the Main Branch of the Hoosic (off Route 2), and fished there awhile without success.

In the meantime, Bob had an equipment malfunction (small leak in his waders, combined with the sole separating from one of his boots), so we called it a day around 2:45 PM.

lowaccord66

Re: North Hoosic with a Friend
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2023, 06:00 AM »
It seems to me that there is no way to avoid the leaking wader situation.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.