MFF US Northeast > Maine

Stripers

(1/3) > >>

caught_the_fever:
Not a lot of activity on the board recently so I'm assuming that means people are likely getting into some fish.  Went out for a short while Saturday evening and landed a number of pickerel in a water we'd normally be catching bass left and right.  My father had the same experience in the Bangor area yesterday.   Seems this spring has thrown us a bit of a curve.

Anyhow, my focus has been on the salt when I've had time to fish.  Stripers seem to be willing to participate, as I've seen good action in a variety of environments.  Couple pictures though my photography skills are nowhere near what I've seen posted by others.   Had to throw one of the boy into the mix as I'm trying to groom him early - he's already got the big fish story down.....

Jim C.:
Nothing the matter with those pics, Mike 8)  Thanks for sharing. Caden says the fish was this big.....

I share your sentiments on June......wierd and "off-ish".

lowaccord66:
Looks good.  Will be up in Scarborough for the 4th.  Bringing my surf rods and will find the bass.  Can't wait its been a few years since I've chased maine stripers.  For what its worth quite a mass of stripers pushed way north into New Brunswick area already....

seamonkey84:
Id say not much activity cause there’s not much fishing/catching. The few trips I’ve managed this spring started great, then things got kinda off with the unstable weather. Though I only do fresh water, but I hear the salt action has been nice, just have to find them.
Nice that you got out and into some decent fishing though!

fish wayniac:
I hear you on not much posting . I still have fished at least 1 day a week but not worth posting when I only catch 2 fish.
I’m also switching to the saltwater. I got out once from shore for only 1 hour in the rain. I like to live line bait for Stripers. On my second cast  I had 4 pollack on a sabiki jig but one fell off. No takers using one of them so I kept jigging and caught a big Mackerel. I put it out and no Stripers liked that. I plan on putting some time in this weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version